+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Old tracker shows "Decision Made" while the application in new tracker is still in progress

MapleTraveller

Jun 22, 2014
I logged into the old tracker today and realized that it shows "Decision Made" but when I go into the application details the last update is "We started processing your application on February 17, 2021" and there are no updates after that date.

Then I logged into the new tracker and the last update is from Jun 14, 2021 (Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed) and only the citizenship test and background verification shows as completed while language skills, physical presence and prohibitions still show as "in progress" and citizenship ceremony as "not started".

Did anyone had this type of situation where old tracker would show "Decision Made" while the application status in the new tracker is totally different? Does anyone know what it means?

Reactions: novascotia27

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
This is absolutely normal, nothing to worry about.

The old eCAS will only switch to "Completed" AFTER you complete the oath and the citizenship certificate is issued.

If anything, I would say the new tracker is less ambiguous than the old eCAS statuses.

All you have to do now is wait for the oath invite, since "Decision Made" indicates you do not need an interview.

Last edited:

Richahemant

May 31, 2021
I logged into the old tracker today and realized that it shows "Decision Made" but when I go into the application details the last update is "We started processing your application on February 17, 2021" and there are no updates after that date.

Then I logged into the new tracker and the last update is from Jun 14, 2021 (Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed) and only the citizenship test and background verification shows as completed while language skills, physical presence and prohibitions still show as "in progress" and citizenship ceremony as "not started".

Did anyone had this type of situation where old tracker would show "Decision Made" while the application status in the new tracker is totally different? Does anyone know what it means?
I am in a similar situation.
Have you got invitation for oath yet?

baltzly

Star Member
May 21, 2019
I just found I am in exactly the same situation. ecas decision made but the latest tracker update is still test completed.