+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Old portal and new portal

walidmohanna

Apr 14, 2012
Hello Everyone, Thank you for all the information provided. I had applied in April 2020 for me, my wife and 4 kids (below 18) from Saskatoon.
I had passed the test on Sep 13th (my wife also) and on the new portal its shows every thing is complete except the ceremony.
There was once an update on file on Dec. 14th 2021, but nothing changed on the new portal so I had checked the old portal and it was "decision made" for everyone in the family. I received a letter from Canada government to join a survey on how did we do, and in the letter mentioned that their records show that decision made on my application.
For the kids, in their new portal shows everything in process except the prohibition is completed, but the old portal says "decision made" this really made me confused
My question, did anyone have the same scenario where the old portal shows decision made and the new one is not.
Thank you in advance and have a nice safe day.
Regards,
Walid
Below are my dates
Aprile 20th application sent
Old portal:
Application received: May 29 2020
--
New portal
Application Filed:---> Oct 2nd, 2020
Background verified:--> Jan 8th, 2021
Citizenship test activity status updated-->Sep 13th 2021
Scheduled for citizenship test --> Sep 20th 2021
Citizenship test activity status updated--> Oct 1st 2021
Prohibitions activity status updated --> Dec 7th 2021
Physical presence activity status updated --> Dec 7th 2021
Language skills activity status updated--> Dec 7th 2021

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hello Everyone, Thank you for all the information provided. I had applied in April 2020 for me, my wife and 4 kids (below 18) from Saskatoon.
I had passed the test on Sep 13th (my wife also) and on the new portal its shows every thing is complete except the ceremony.
There was once an update on file on Dec. 14th 2021, but nothing changed on the new portal so I had checked the old portal and it was "decision made" for everyone in the family. I received a letter from Canada government to join a survey on how did we do, and in the letter mentioned that their records show that decision made on my application.
For the kids, in their new portal shows everything in process except the prohibition is completed, but the old portal says "decision made" this really made me confused
My question, did anyone have the same scenario where the old portal shows decision made and the new one is not.
Thank you in advance and have a nice safe day.
Regards,
Walid
Below are my dates
Aprile 20th application sent
Old portal:
Application received: May 29 2020
--
New portal
Application Filed:---> Oct 2nd, 2020
Background verified:--> Jan 8th, 2021
Citizenship test activity status updated-->Sep 13th 2021
Scheduled for citizenship test --> Sep 20th 2021
Citizenship test activity status updated--> Oct 1st 2021
Prohibitions activity status updated --> Dec 7th 2021
Physical presence activity status updated --> Dec 7th 2021
Language skills activity status updated--> Dec 7th 2021
For kids the file completed after Oath.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Can people who apply for citizenship online access the old ECAS portal? Or are they only limited to the new one.