+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Old Passports and Visas

waterbeads

Oct 7, 2015
Dear All,

Do i have to upload all my previous old passports along with the visas for the application submission? should i mention them in the application and then upload all the scanned old passports with visas...

same is the case with my wives??? although she is my dependent so do i have to do the same for her or just the latest one?

waterbeads

Oct 7, 2015
sraj07 said:
Upload everything . Full passport(s) I did the same for safer side
dont you think that will be too much as i have 6 old passports :) and can you also tell me should i give my complete travel history or just the last 10 years travel history?

waterbeads

Oct 7, 2015
sraj07 said:
Upload everything . Full passport(s) I did the same for safer side
should i scan all passports in a single document or make multiple pdf files for each passport? i am sorry if i am asking dumb questions. lol

sraj07

May 26, 2015
6 passports means it is difficult . Scan old passports for bio pages and stamp,visa pages . For latest passport , scan all the pages

Yes all passports in one pdf .

Tunsba

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/15
Doc's Request.
05/10/15
AOR Received.
23/09/15
Passport Req..
23/02/2016
LANDED..........
waterbeads said:
should i scan all passports in a single document or make multiple pdf files for each passport? i am sorry if i am asking dumb questions. lol
Hi,

Pls scan all pages of your passports just to be on a safer side and ensure u have it all saved as a single document. U can do this quite easily using Acrobat Reader.

waterbeads

Oct 7, 2015
Tunsba said:
Hi,

Pls scan all pages of your passports just to be on a safer side and ensure u have it all saved as a single document. U can do this quite easily using Acrobat Reader.

does that include the blank pages in the old passports also? and should i keep the valid passport(latest one) in another adobe file or it should be part of all the passports?

and one more thing shld i mention all the numbers of previous passports in the form or just the latest one. does the application accept expired passports also to be added in the list?

thanx

sraj07

May 26, 2015
In the forms, only current passport

You can only upload one file for passport section , so all the passports must be in one file only . For expired passports just scan non blank pages and for current , scan everything

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just for my understanding.

1. Where does CIC explicitly ask for old passports to be scanned and uploaded?

2. Where does CIC explicitly ask for stamps/markings to be scanned and uploaded?

3. Where does CIC explicitly ask for blank pages to be scanned and uploaded?

4. Where does CIC ask for ANYTHING except bio data pages from the valid passport to be scanned and uploaded?

Reactions: Sabin35

waterbeads

Oct 7, 2015
Asivad Anac said:

2. Where does CIC explicitly ask for stamps/markings to be scanned and uploaded?

4. Where does CIC ask for ANYTHING except bio data pages from the valid passport to be scanned and uploaded?
exactly my point. i didnt see anywhere about uploading old passports or mentioning old passports when we are filling the application. thats what making me confused.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waterbeads said:
exactly my point. i didnt see anywhere about uploading old passports or mentioning old passports when we are filling the application. thats what making me confused.
Just follow the CIC instructions and upload what is required.

duckirha

Sep 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-09-2015 SINP
Med's Done....
06-10-2015
Asivad Anac said:
Just follow the CIC instructions and upload what is required.
Some people make the forum confusing by providing misinformation. Here is link of CIC mentioned clearly:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
In "Mandatory documents for all applicants:
Copy of the biographical data page of a passport or travel document section:
Document Requirements:
A clear and legible copy of the biographical data page of a passport or travel document must be provided.

Here they mentioned only the copy of biographical data page of a passport . . 1. Clearly mentioned "a passport" means singular number, 2. Biographical Data page ... They never mentioned PAGES, only singular number.

Guys can any one show the link or proof where CIC asked multiple passport multiple pages even blank pages?

waterbeads

Oct 7, 2015
duckirha said:
Some people make the forum confusing by providing misinformation. Here is link of CIC mentioned clearly:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
In "Mandatory documents for all applicants:
Copy of the biographical data page of a passport or travel document section:
Document Requirements:
A clear and legible copy of the biographical data page of a passport or travel document must be provided.

Here they mentioned only the copy of biographical data page of a passport . . 1. Clearly mentioned "a passport" means singular number, 2. Biographical Data page ... They never mentioned PAGES, only singular number.

Guys can any one show the link or proof where CIC asked multiple passport multiple pages even blank pages?
Great... thnx

sudh_canada

Jan 17, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

hello sir

i have already applied for pr via express entry aor june 16th 2018. but all this talk about old passport is confusing. My old passport has a valid US visa and stamps for my previous visits to US which I have mentioned in my application. However, I have only uploaded my recent valid passport and the pages with stamps on this passport.
Should I raise a CSE and upload my old passport details as it has US Visa.
Can it be a cause for rejection?
Or should I just wait till CIC ask for such information and then upload?

Thanks in advance

p.s. only asking because old passport contains valid US visa. else i know its not required.
just confused

keeratsingh

Jul 3, 2017
New Delhi
hello sir

i have already applied for pr via express entry aor june 16th 2018. but all this talk about old passport is confusing. My old passport has a valid US visa and stamps for my previous visits to US which I have mentioned in my application. However, I have only uploaded my recent valid passport and the pages with stamps on this passport.
Should I raise a CSE and upload my old passport details as it has US Visa.
Can it be a cause for rejection?
Or should I just wait till CIC ask for such information and then upload?

Thanks in advance

p.s. only asking because old passport contains valid US visa. else i know its not required.
just confused
I am not sure if this should result in rejection right away, but your previous passport should have been uploaded in the first place. I would suggest you to upload the passport details through a web-form even before them asking for it.
Good luck.