+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Old passport submission

vivekvargh

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Hi
I have a query.do i have to submit old passport for student visa submission.I have 2 passport.old one expired on March and it has a 2 year work visa stamped on 2011.do I need to submit that old passport too.or only the new passport is required for submission?

kwaame

Star Member
Jul 11, 2021
Hi
I have a query.do i have to submit old passport for student visa submission.I have 2 passport.old one expired on March and it has a 2 year work visa stamped on 2011.do I need to submit that old passport too.or only the new passport is required for submission?
I’m sure , it has to be your current passport.

vivekvargh

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Guys anyone know about this.whether we have to produce old passport in ppr submission...or should i give only new passport...or should I produce both ?

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
they only let you send one passport. you have to send the one which is not expired. now the point is have you updated your new passport with ircc ? if not you need to do that first by sending it via webform

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
they only let you send one passport. you have to send the one which is not expired. now the point is have you updated your new passport with ircc ? if not you need to do that first by sending it via webform
It doesn't sound like he used his old passport for his application? My understanding is that he wanted to submit his expired passport because he has a WP on it since 2011 (since expired), which has no bearing on his SP application.

binnareyn

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
Hi
You should submit current VALID passport ONLY.
Your study permit will be. valid till the end_date of your course or expiry of passport.

Please do not send your old/expired passport.

Xclent Shannie

Mar 11, 2021
Jamaica
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
26-03-2021
LANDED..........
Aug/2021
Guys anyone know about this.whether we have to produce old passport in ppr submission...or should i give only new passport...or should I produce both ?
I give both bcuz my usa visa n travel stamps in old one too. That's how they will knoe u never lied on application

Xclent Shannie

Mar 11, 2021
Jamaica
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
26-03-2021
LANDED..........
Aug/2021
You should submit current VALID passport ONLY.
Your study permit will be. valid till the end_date of your course or expiry of passport.

Please do not send your old/expired passport.
The expired one should be send as evident that he or she didn't lied about stamps or travel history

binnareyn

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
PPR is stamping the VISA / TRV.
A decision is already made on your application.
You should send a VALID passport (and only one) to paste the VISA / TRV counterfoil.

Reactions: wonderbly

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
The expired one should be send as evident that he or she didn't lied about stamps or travel history
This makes no sense at all. By the time you get a PPR, they have already decided on your application. Post approval, your passport goes to the embassy for visa stamping, not a visa officer. What does the embassy have to do with deciding if you lied on your application or not??? I have used multiple passports over the years, am I expected to send all 10 of my expired passports??