+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Old passport number in Police Certificate

Zahra14

Mar 1, 2023
I received a police certificate from Uganda just now with my old passport number listed on the certificate. My current passport's bio page includes the old number as well. Is this going to be an acceptable certificate for my express entry application? Should I include a letter of explanation with the application for better chances of approval?

RTAHIR

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
Turkey
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I received a police certificate from Uganda just now with my old passport number listed on the certificate. My current passport's bio page includes the old number as well. Is this going to be an acceptable certificate for my express entry application? Should I include a letter of explanation with the application for better chances of approval?
it is always on the officer whether he/she will accept it or not. You should add the LOE explaining this situation and attach the letter at top of the police certificate section. This way officer will read the letter first before making any decision. The police certificate comes under R10 check it is better to attach loe in this section.
I have attached all my LOEs in their respective sections not in other document section.

Zahra14

Mar 1, 2023
it is always on the officer whether he/she will accept it or not. You should add the LOE explaining this situation and attach the letter at top of the police certificate section. This way officer will read the letter first before making any decision. The police certificate comes under R10 check it is better to attach loe in this section.
I have attached all my LOEs in their respective sections not in other document section.
Thank you RTAHIR for your response.

jay46430

Jan 24, 2023
Hi guys,
I don’t have birth certificate with me so can anyone here help me with birth certificate affidavit format that can be used instead of actual birth certificate please? And can I make this affidavit from my place of birth in india?

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Hi guys,
I don’t have birth certificate with me so can anyone here help me with birth certificate affidavit format that can be used instead of actual birth certificate please? And can I make this affidavit from my place of birth in india?
These days they normally don't ask for birth certificate, if they have asked them 10th school board certificate is sufficient, affidavit are no longer required

RTAHIR

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
Turkey
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi guys,
If you are 18+ and an independent person, they won't ask you for your birth certificate.