+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Old passport details in counterfoil

Sankalp489

Apr 21, 2021
My Copr expired in July 2020 and post that I renewed my passport, recently I received Passport request and sent passport for stamping ,however today I saw that My new counterfoil shows my old passport number even though I sent the renewed passport.
As my old passport is no longer valid due to renewed passport ,please advise if the details of old passport in the new valid counterfoil will cause any issues in travel

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
My Copr expired in July 2020 and post that I renewed my passport, recently I received Passport request and sent passport for stamping ,however today I saw that My new counterfoil shows my old passport number even though I sent the renewed passport.
As my old passport is no longer valid due to renewed passport ,please advise if the details of old passport in the new valid counterfoil will cause any issues in travel
Carry both the passports while travelling, and there will be no issues.

Your old passport number is printed on your new passport (check last page), so it's easy for an officer to verify your details.

Reactions: Sankalp489

Sankalp489

Apr 21, 2021
Carry both the passports while travelling, and there will be no issues.

Your old passport number is printed on your new passport (check last page), so it's easy for an officer to verify your details.
Thanks ,yes the old Passport number is printed ,I was worried as the visa does not mention any details about the new passport, although I haven't received the passport back from ircc ,my concern is what if later they ask me to resend the passport for new visa stamping.. I know I am overthinking, but this is a confusing state for me to in

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Thanks ,yes the old Passport number is printed ,I was worried as the visa does not mention any details about the new passport, although I haven't received the passport back from ircc ,my concern is what if later they ask me to resend the passport for new visa stamping.. I know I am overthinking, but this is a confusing state for me to in
Overthinking leads to confusion. I have already answered your query above.

Reactions: Sankalp489

Zahya

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
Hi @Sankalp489 . I have the same issue as yours. New passport given for stamping but the counterfoil update shows old passport number.
Can you tell me what you did? And did they stamp visa with old pp number?
Waiting for your reply. Thanks.

Sankalp489

Apr 21, 2021
Hi ,I contacted high commission in new Delhi via email and told them the issue, they stamped the new visa with latest pp details , please inform them asap before they dispatch your passport

Reactions: Zahya

Zahya

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
Hi ,I contacted high commission in new Delhi via email and told them the issue, they stamped the new visa with latest pp details , please inform them asap before they dispatch your passport
Ok thanks. Can you pls share their email id?
Also, did they update the copr details in the letter and also in gckey account?

Zahya

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
Hi again @Sankalp489 . I have sent an email to Delhi immigration but I've not received a response from them yet. Did you get a response ? If yes, then in how many days did you get it?