+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OLD IN PROCESS VS NEW IN PROCESS ON ECAS EXPLAINED

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Airforce5, Officer, and ahmedwaqas

I will reply to your messages on this thread after work. I did some good research about your questions and I will definitely respond this evening Edmonton time. I have good information about your quetions. I do 12 hours shift Monday to Friday in a refinery so it is not easy to work and communicate lol.

Officer

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed
AOR Received.
Received
File Transfer...
Transfered
Med's Done....
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued
LANDED..........
Landed
Eagle333 said:
Hello Airforce5, Officer, and ahmedwaqas

I will reply to your messages on this thread after work. I did some good research about your questions and I will definitely respond this evening Edmonton time. I have good information about your quetions. I do 12 hours shift Monday to Friday in a refinery so it is not easy to work and communicate lol.
Thank you Eagle333, for giving time to every one in this forum

kyo9000

Mar 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17, 2015 CIC Receive: April 22,2015
AOR Received.
May 13,2015 SA: June 12, 2015
File Transfer...
June 18, 2015
Med's Request
up front
Med's Done....
March 18,2015
Passport Req..
July 13,2015 PP Receive July 20,2015 (status change to IP Sept. 5, 2015)
VISA ISSUED...
DM: January 28,2016
Eagle333 said:
You should be in background checks and let your case mature a little bit you will hear something good soon.
Thank you so much Eagle333. Thank you as well for all the help you have done. Great Thread! :)

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Interesting...our eCAS

Sponsor: Decision Made
We received your application to sponsor <name of applicant> on June 3, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 10, 2015.
We started processing your application on July 9, 2015.
We sent you correspondence on July 30, 2015 about the decision on your application.
We sent you correspondence on July 30, 2015 about the decision on your application (yes, this line is shown twice)

Applicant: In process
We received <applicant name> application for permanent residence on June 3, 2015.
We started processing <applicant name> application on August 12, 2015.
Medical results have been received.

I ordered GCMS notes on Sept 5, they were processed Sept 9, and emailed Oct 4. Under Assessments, Eligibility says not started. Medical is passed (we did up front). He was not able to obtain one of his PCC's (letter was included with explanation of attempts made). The file was also originally sent to Amman, then transferred to Abu Dhabi (presumably they read our letter requesting that it be processed in Abu Dhabi after it was already sent to Amman). Anyways, the Eligibility piece seems to be missing...but maybe the file was in transit when I had ordered the notes (a bit too soon I guess?). Any thoughts?

Thank you for all of your responses....very dedicated.

C.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chilkootcee said:
Interesting...our eCAS

Sponsor: Decision Made
We received your application to sponsor <name of applicant> on June 3, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 10, 2015.
We started processing your application on July 9, 2015.
We sent you correspondence on July 30, 2015 about the decision on your application.
We sent you correspondence on July 30, 2015 about the decision on your application (yes, this line is shown twice)

Applicant: In process
We received <applicant name> application for permanent residence on June 3, 2015.
We started processing <applicant name> application on August 12, 2015.

I ordered GCMS notes on Sept 5, they were processed Sept 9, and emailed Oct 4. Under Assessments, Eligibility says not started. Medical is passed (we did up front). He was not able to obtain one of his PCC's (letter was included with explanation of attempts made). The file was also originally sent to Amman, then transferred to Abu Dhabi (presumably they read our letter requesting that it be processed in Abu Dhabi after it was already sent to Amman). Anyways, the Eligibility piece seems to be missing...but maybe the file was in transit when I had ordered the notes (a bit too soon I guess?). Any thoughts?

Thank you for all of your responses....very dedicated.

C.
Hi Chilkootcee,

I see that you ordered your Global Case Management System a month after your case started being processed. Tell us what do you read on the notes sections of your GCMS? You will find a very detailed note of your profile written by the officer who is or was working on your Eligibility. Even if you don't see anything on eligibility tell us what the officer said. Check on the assessment page at the hand right top corner if you see a little S.19 (1)?

ahmedwaqas

Jul 21, 2015
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th may 2015
AOR Received.
10th july 2015
File Transfer...
14th july 2015
Med's Request
no need
Med's Done....
1st april 2015
Interview........
09/02/2016 abu dhabi uae
Passport Req..
take my passport on interview
VISA ISSUED...
10/02/2016
LANDED..........
24/03/2016
eagle please tel me what is background cheek and what cic cheek in background cheek my job in dubai from 4 years basic from pakistan

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmedwaqas said:
eagle please tel me what is background cheek and what cic cheek in background cheek my job in dubai from 4 years basic from pakistan
Hello ahmedwaqas,

I have not forgotten my promis, I will write a detailed information about background Checks as soon as I reach home. One more hour to finish my work shift. Trust me I will respond in 2 hours from now.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Eagle333 said:
Hi Chilkootcee,

I see that you ordered your Global Case Management System a month after your case started being processed. Tell us what do you read on the notes sections of your GCMS? You will find a very detailed note of your profile written by the officer who is or was working on your Eligibility. Even if you don't see anything on eligibility tell us what the officer said. Check on the assessment page at the hand right top corner if you see a little S.19 (1)?
There are quite a few notes:

The latest...a copy / paste of an enquiry that I sent explaining that I had 4 previous enquiries (because of file size limits) and despite receiving 4 screen confirmations, I only received 3 email confirmations. But nothing relate to the 4 previous enquiries (which is concerning)

Then there are a couple of notes about transferring the file to Abu Dhabi, that it was sent in error to Amman.

then another note about SA, that no attachment because letter sent in batch mail.

then a note related to SA assessment. here it's noted that the applicant had two previous TRV refusals (with dates), an overpayment with refund initiated, all medicals associated with application, sponsor residing in Canada, submitted proof of relationship - marriage certficate R.11 based on country of nationality - Amman, married on <date>, application locked in on <date>, case forwarded to visa office for processing.

then a note related to applicant intended occupation - engineer

then another note:person you are sponsoring, with the name, date of birth and relationship status (married)

then another note: sponsor status in canada - canadian citizen

then another one: sponsor residency declaration, are you living exclusively outside of canada - no

Also, nothing in the top right hand corner that you mention.

:)

C.

gooh

Jul 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-3-2015
AOR Received.
23-4-2015
File Transfer...
29-4-2015
Med's Done....
5-2-2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 14-8-2015 DM: 15-12-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
Based on my timeline:

CPC-Ottowa
App Received: 17-03-2015
AOR: 23-04-2015
SA: 29-04-2015
In Process: 14-08-2015 (IP since May 5th)

My recent notes state that nothing has been started except for my Medical, which is In Progress since 23-04-2015, and has a "due date" of 21-04-2016, not sure what the due date means, I had my medical done February of this year.

I only have the 2 lines in eCAS under PR stating when they got my app and when they started processing it. With the medical having been in progress for a few months now, does it seem like a DM may be coming within the next month? Or does the Medical due date imply nothing to be heard until next year? Thanks if you get time to reply, I can only speculate from the current spreadsheets and even then, things have started being done so differently this year.

braveblade

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm not sure how HK VO works as well. A lot of March Apps's status changed to IP on Oct 9, 2015. I am a March app as well, but my status changed to IP on Sept 2, 2015 (a month ahead of other March apps), but so far no updates.

My status on ECAS (HONG KONG VO):

We received your application for permanent residence on March 17, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 8, 2015.
We started processing your application on May 27, 2015. (The real date it changed to IP is Sept 2, 2015)

I saw a Feb app who got IP at the same date (Sept 1 or 2) as me received PPR already, which worries me. Any inputs Eagle333 ? Thanks in advance!

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gooh said:
Based on my timeline:

CPC-Ottowa
App Received: 17-03-2015
AOR: 23-04-2015
SA: 29-04-2015
In Process: 14-08-2015 (IP since May 5th)

My recent notes state that nothing has been started except for my Medical, which is In Progress since 23-04-2015, and has a "due date" of 21-04-2016, not sure what the due date means, I had my medical done February of this year.

I only have the 2 lines in eCAS under PR stating when they got my app and when they started processing it. With the medical having been in progress for a few months now, does it seem like a DM may be coming within the next month? Or does the Medical due date imply nothing to be heard until next year? Thanks if you get time to reply, I can only speculate from the current spreadsheets and even then, things have started being done so differently this year.
gooh you need to order your GCMS and check why Medical is not showing up. If there is any concern about your medical they will either write Furthered ( furthered means that you need to do more specific exams before it says pass. Or may be your medical says: In progress in your gcms notes. I cannot really tell you why you have only 2 lines
but I am only giving the hints of what you can do.

This your previous MESSAGE gooh

Based on the old In Process (so apps that have been going for 7-10 months) would it be safe to expect DM's late October to early November? Or is it too soon to tell.

As soon as they finish doing background checks they will update you, It even go beyond October or November who knows?, maybe very soon. I always recommend people to get their GCMS then we can read together what is inside.
I will repeat what I said before, once your application is out of background checks it will be near DM. Good Luck

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
braveblade said:
I'm not sure how HK VO works as well. A lot of March Apps's status changed to IP on Oct 9, 2015. I am a March app as well, but my status changed to IP on Sept 2, 2015 (a month ahead of other March apps), but so far no updates.

My status on ECAS (HONG KONG VO):

We received your application for permanent residence on March 17, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 8, 2015.
We started processing your application on May 27, 2015. (The real date it changed to IP is Sept 2, 2015)

I saw a Feb app who got IP at the same date (Sept 1 or 2) as me received PPR already, which worries me. Any inputs Eagle333 ? Thanks in advance!
Braveblade if I were you I would give it another month at the same time I will order my GCMS to learn where have they reached with your application. Every file is different compare to the other. I applied for my citizenship same day with my brother, but his application was process faster than mine, he got his citizenship 2 months before me. So what I did was, I requested my GCMS and I saw that the officer wrote that file awaiting background checks to be done. You see? patience is a virtue dear. Now I am already a citizen few week ago.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmedwaqas said:
AIRFORCE5, AHMEDWAQAS, and OFFICER,

Here is what I can up with as to how CIC request background checks, and who do them and where?

Background checks are done through many companies such as and not limited to these 6.

1. CSIS: Security screening, Espionage and Foreign interference, Terrorism, Weapon of mass destruction,
Human trafficking, CSIS works with many agencies around the globe and they like the FBI or CIA. I happened to contact them in 2013 when I was sponsoring my spouse because the background checks were taking too long and they responded me. So you can actually write to them and request to know about your background checks

2. INTERPOL:

•Help officials – senior law enforcers, policy makers and decision makers – deal more effectively with uncertainty and new challenges;
•Provide timely warning of threats;
•Support operational activities and complex investigations.

Types of analysis

Criminal intelligence analysis is divided into operational (or tactical) and strategic analysis.

The basic skills required are similar, the two categories differ with regard to the level of detail and the type of client for whom the products
are designed. Operational analysis aims to achieve a specific law enforcement outcome. This might be an arrest, seizure, forfeiture of assets or money gained from criminal activities, or the disruption of a criminal group.

Operational analytical support includes:
•Identifying links between suspects, and their involvement in crimes and criminal activity;
•Identifying key investigative or information gaps;
•Preparing profiles of known or suspected criminals.

Strategic analysis is intended to inform higher level decision makers, and the benefits are realized over the long term.

The intention is to provide early warning of threats and to support senior decision makers in preparing their organizations to deal with emerging criminal issues. This might include allocating resources to different types of crime, or increasing training in a particular crime-fighting technique.

Strategic analysis includes the identification of:
•Crime trends and patterns;
•Emerging threats;
•The potential impact of external factors such as technology, demographics or economics on crime.

In every country there is an Interpol office.

3. RCMP: You may need a criminal record check for various purposes, including: employment, adoption, international travel, volunteer work, citizenship, name change, student placement or to obtain a record suspension

4. If you were an ex Policeman, ex military , ex diplomat, ex government member, ex secret serviceman, your checks will be very deep than a simple citizen

5. Number of trips you did to some red flagged regions of the world, if there is any immigration laws you have been broken in the past, any warrant against you in the countries you visited more that 6 months.

6. Your full name and date of birth sound familiar like someone they have been looking for around the world

During this period you can now understand why CIC has no control over your file anymore and they usually don't like to reply to some emails of why the process is taking too long. They will only tell you we are waiting for background checks to finish. It can take from one months to some extend 12 months because there is no way to control this period.

7. Anytime your file does not make sense about dates, locations, occupation, Fake school certificate or marriage these things will make the VO to extend the processing time in order to work with the issuing government of any documentation your provided. These are good ingredient of an interview.

So CSIS is the leading government third party that works with other agencies around the world. There was one guy in Italy who had a criminal conviction but he hid it in the end CIC found out through CSIS and this person was charged with misrepresentation. based on the notes they might have left on his profile. A lady in Ghana produced Fake school certificate and CIC found it and they did not trust any documents she sent, her file was rejected and banned from applying to come to Canada. There are so many stories we can tell. When our files are in background checks a lot do happen. If you research a lot you will learn a lot too.

Good Luck

braveblade

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eagle333 said:
Braveblade if I were you I would give it another month at the same time I will order my GCMS to learn where have they reached with your application. Every file is different compare to the other. I applied for my citizenship same day with my brother, but his application was process faster than mine, he got his citizenship 2 months before me. So what I did was, I requested my GCMS and I saw that the officer wrote that file awaiting background checks to be done. You see? patience is a virtue dear. Now I am already a citizen few week ago.
Thank you so much! From your experience, what's the possibility of interview judging from my ecas status?