OLD IN PROCESS VS NEW IN PROCESS ON ECAS EXPLAINED

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
F.M said:
hey Eagle i want to ask a question
is this normal to see that the PR status on Ecas shows in process but when i look inside it says
1)application received on 31 December.
2)medical results have been received
only.
F.M yes, it is actually normal under the new IN PROCESS & it should be like that. One cannot see the line "We started processing your application on so and so" until an officer has started working on your file. As you know, the first Job they actually start with is verification/scanning of documentation you submitted together with IMM0008. Documents verification will lead to eligibility process at a certain point( meaning they study of your file based on the information your provided). Looking at your timeline it makes perfectly sense that you should not see that line sited above until your file has been opened at the embassy. Cool down F.M there is nothing to freak about here lol.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AH2512 said:
Hi Eagle,

Can you please share your views on the following? I contacted my MP for an update and his office informed me :

"Medical and eligibility checks for the file have passed and currently they are performing the criminality check. However, as of today, they have not begun the security check portion of the file."

My questions are:

1) If eligibility has been passed does that mean now I dont have to worry about interview?
2) How long does the criminality and security portion take? (My husband was in Canada for 3 years and we have submitted his PCC for Canada with our file - but it was issued before he left the country)
3) Remedical request was Jan 28- completed on Jan 30 - when would be the best time to apply for the GCMS notes?

Thanks a lot in advance .. your help is truly appreciated :)
AH2512 sure I can gladly share my opinion.

1. Yes if eligibility says passed you are off the hook, there is no interview anymore. Eligibility means that you were chosen or qualify to come to Canada if there is no criminal convictions as well as medical problems.

2. Normally Criminality does not take that long, but since he lived in Canada before they will add an extra time to check everywhere that he did live his life clean. Security will always be blank dear.

3. I like when you said re-medical. It seem like nothing but it is a solid indication that CIC still have faith in your application. If you didn't know, the very last step CIC checks is medical status because when they will issue a COPR there is a section where you have to sign at the airport in front of an immigration officer. You will sign somewhere related to criminal convictions and medical (meaning that you shouldn't have any criminal convictions and medical problems at the time you land)

You can request your GCMS notes even now, all is good.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bublo ksa said:
Hi Eagle333,

Welcome back to this informative forum.
I have Received third caips result recently. Nothing new in it I found.It reflects same image as my previous Caips result. File is still on location" Active self PR" since Oct 26,2015.
Eligibility, criminality and medical is passed security still blank. Status shows " In process" since Oct 09, 2015. I found Due dates in both Caips results same which is Dec 24,2015. What does it means? Like they have had a look on my file on dec 24 and put it back for new date? Why aren't they sending PPR???
bublo ksa the next thing in your file is PPR for sure but I don't know when they will you shoot you that good news to you. I know that you have come a long way as your timeline shows it. Patience is a virtue, you need to stay strong.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
Eagle333 said:
One cannot see the line "We started processing your application on so and so" until an officer has started working on your file
Eagle333, it seems that many applicants are seeing the line "we started processing your application" only 2-3 weeks after file transfer. That is much quicker than usual because from what I heard, it takes a few months after AOR2 before an officer begins working on eligibility. I wonder if that line still has the same meaning?

Mrschino

Feb 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
None...
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2016
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
Hi Eagle, you seem to be the person who has the answers on here. I am wondering if being asked for a re-medical, due to expiry means the chance of getting interviewed is lower? I haven't ordered my notes, but I am curious if this means we could be nearing the end for us??

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flx2015 said:
Eagle333, it seems that many applicants are seeing the line "we started processing your application" only 2-3 weeks after file transfer. That is much quicker than usual because from what I heard, it takes a few months after AOR2 before an officer begins working on eligibility. I wonder if that line still has the same meaning?
flx2015 you are right I don't know why CIC is trying to do. Their system should keep that line off until they actually start the process. The visible part of the iceberg shows "We start processing your application on so and so" but yet it is seating on the shelf until the day they will pick it up. The NEW IN PROCESS with the line " we start processing your application" is a mirage. People should add 5 months margin from the time the file arrived at the embassy to the day the actual process will begin.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
Eagle333 said:
flx2015 you are right I don't know why CIC is trying to do. Their system should keep that line off until they actually start the process. The visible part of the iceberg shows "We start processing your application on so and so" but yet it is seating on the shelf until the day they will pick it up. The NEW IN PROCESS with the line " we start processing your application" is a mirage. People should add 5 months margin from the time the file arrived at the embassy to the day the actual process will begin.
i know, but there is more... i have seen a few applicants get doc requests and even interview requests about 30 days after file transfer, so it seems that there's no fixed rule anymore. i have no idea what the "started working" line means anymore. maybe they have started working or maybe they haven't, who knows.

my file has been in process for about 25 days, and i ordered my gcms notes about 10 days ago. once i get the notes i will be able to see whether they actually did start working or not, and i'll update everyone.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrschino said:
Hi Eagle, you seem to be the person who has the answers on here. I am wondering if being asked for a re-medical, due to expiry means the chance of getting interviewed is lower? I haven't ordered my notes, but I am curious if this means we could be nearing the end for us??
Hello Mrschino,

There is no logic to request for re-medical if eligibility, criminality and security have not passed yet. When you see someone with a timeline of 1 yr and over being requested to redo the medical that is the capstone of the file. I am good in reading signs to determine what the future is likely to be. Looking your timeline Mrschino if you were requested to redo your medical by CIC it is a sign that your file has gained some momentum, subsequently there is 0% chance for you to get interview at this stage. Yes, you are heading straight to the end of the process. Just don't forget to share your testimony when you get your visa in due course.

Sincerely
Eagle

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flx2015 said:
i know, but there is more... i have seen a few applicants get doc requests and even interview requests about 30 days after file transfer, so it seems that there's no fixed rule anymore. i have no idea what the "started working" line means anymore. maybe they have started working or maybe they haven't, who knows.

my file has been in process for about 25 days, and i ordered my gcms notes about 10 days ago. once i get the notes i will be able to see whether they actually did start working or not, and i'll update everyone.
I will need to hear from you when you get your gcms PLEASE.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
Eagle333 said:
I will need to hear from you when you get your gcms PLEASE.
no problem.

Shahmed

Star Member
Nov 28, 2013
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2012
File Transfer...
Sept 2012
Med's Request
Aug 2014
Med's Done....
Sept 2014, Apr 2016
Passport Req..
PPR 1 - Nov 2014, PPR 2 - May 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 06, 2016
My case is pending since 2012. Unfortunately, My spouse is found in-eligible to sponsor on bla bla bla reasons according to MP's office. However, department replied to me that CPC Missisagua will continue to process my case without any sponsor and for that reason they have recreated my application with new file No.

If Eligibility criteria was not met, then why did department processed that case and forwarded for next stage and now after almost four years they are letting us know through MP's office that main sponsor is not eligible. quite strange na???

I had already two medicals, background checks completed(as per MP). looks like i have to go through this process again???

AH2512

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015 ; Recd by CIC : 16-03-2015
AOR Received.
22-04-2015 ; AOR by NDVO: 25-05-2015
Med's Request
ReMed : 28-01-16
Med's Done....
22-01-2015; ReMed : 30-01-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
14-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-04-2016
Eagle333 said:
AH2512 sure I can gladly share my opinion.

1. Yes if eligibility says passed you are off the hook, there is no interview anymore. Eligibility means that you were chosen or qualify to come to Canada if there is no criminal convictions as well as medical problems.

2. Normally Criminality does not take that long, but since he lived in Canada before they will add an extra time to check everywhere that he did live his life clean. Security will always be blank dear.

3. I like when you said re-medical. It seem like nothing but it is a solid indication that CIC still have faith in your application. If you didn't know, the very last step CIC checks is medical status because when they will issue a COPR there is a section where you have to sign at the airport in front of an immigration officer. You will sign somewhere related to criminal convictions and medical (meaning that you shouldn't have any criminal convictions and medical problems at the time you land)

You can request your GCMS notes even now, all is good.
Thank you very much Eagle. It does put my mind to rest that its only a question of waiting for the check to be finished now. I know that the criminality varies from person to person. but would you be able to give a certain time window?

Its just that I am considering going back to be with my hubby until his decision comes if we dont hear back until March end. Also I do know I can apply for the notes whenever but I was thinking of the best time to do so .. so I have more info than what is provided to me at the moment by my MP...

Thanks again.. :)

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shahmed said:
My case is pending since 2012. Unfortunately, My spouse is found in-eligible to sponsor on bla bla bla reasons according to MP's office. However, department replied to me that CPC Missisagua will continue to process my case without any sponsor and for that reason they have recreated my application with new file No.

If Eligibility criteria was not met, then why did department processed that case and forwarded for next stage and now after almost four years they are letting us know through MP's office that main sponsor is not eligible. quite strange na???

I had already two medicals, background checks completed(as per MP). looks like i have to go through this process again???
Sorry to hear about your troubles with CIC .
at the time when you started filling up your application , there is a choice CIC gave you :
If you were found ineligible to Sponsor do you want to withdraw or go ahead with sponsorship , It seems like you chose to go ahead with application even if your sponsor is no eligible to sponsor you . you have to withdraw your application and send another one and this time you must chose ( Withdraw ) if sponsor found ineligible , that will make you lose couple of months VS many years .

Raz3

Star Member
Nov 23, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
File Transfer...
14-10-2014
Med's Request
15-10-2014....remeds October 3 2016
Med's Done....
20-10-2014...DNA results August 11 2016
Interview........
sceduled for April 2016....passed
Passport Req..
DM June 27 2017....Praying for the day
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah
LANDED..........
Counting every second...Happiest day of my life
Hi eagle,

Finally got interview date which is in early April. Question now is should we/could we do our remeds without the request from visa office, just so that when our interview is finished we don't have more delays? And do pcc expire?

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raz3 said:
Hi eagle,

Finally got interview date which is in early April. Question now is should we/could we do our remeds without the request from visa office, just so that when our interview is finished we don't have more delays? And do pcc expire?
Good Day Raz3,

when someone has an interview your chance for approval is slashed in half meaning that it could go wrong or right. If I were you, I'd do it when the CIC approves your case. Well, it seems that your have enough faith to move mountains which I admire. You can go head with medical if that is the case.