+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OLD IN PROCESS VS NEW IN PROCESS ON ECAS EXPLAINED

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eagle333 said:
Take time and outline 5 wrong things that I said to members of this forum and please correct me. I am glad to learn if you show me. You're free to help people since you sound like you're experienced too than seating there and lashing at me. People need help and not what you're doing now. What you are doing is called distraction.

Isashali78 has officially took over this thread, going forward Eagle333 will not take questions and all questions will be addressed to him or her.

I'd like to see how you handle questions.
Just for the curiosity of things, i can count 5 wrong things just in your opening message to the forum:)
1. WRONG: "After 3 months an officer will open your file again and begin to do some work, your ecas still showing APPLICTION RECEIVED".
CORRECT: The actual amount of time after which file will be opened and assessed for eligibility can be anywhere from 0 months to 2 years, depending on the visa office and backlog in that office. For example Paris vs London (non-UK applicants)
2. WRONG: "At this point when Ecas displayed Medical results have been received which was the 3rd line, any applicants used to know that their application were almost done."
CORRECT: For sponsorship applications, for MOST applications the medicals are being done upfront and therefore for MOST people the line about medicals was present all the time. In any case, appearance of this line means absolutely nothing.
3. WRONG: "Back then Decision made without re- medical, Medical request or PPR was a sign of rejection and a good number of people used to know that their applications were rejected until they received their decision made letters to be double sure"
CORRECT: That was never the case for sponsorship applications. It was the case for economic class applications though.
4. WRONG: "The NEW IN PROCESS has replaced the old status called APPLICATION RECEIEVED if it says: ...
This way you are not off of the interview's hook yet, they just update your Ecas with those 2 lines they will only show the date they started processing your file when Eligibility passes and background checks have then begun"
CORRECT: The new in process meaning that your file have been received in the VO, the case officer went over the file, checked it for completeness and usually will request any additional or missing documents. No processing or eligibility review has been started
5. WRONG: "You will mostly likely see the third line after months and months when your file has matured for PPR and ready for a decision."
CORRECT: For some VO, the eligibility review happens within a month or two, for example Paris, Sao Paolo, Singapore in certain cases. For other PPR happens almost immediately while decision will not be made for months to come (Manila for example)

It was harmless so nobody, including myself, corrected you, but you are going too far "deciding" people's status, timelines and what they should do and when and I ,personally, thought that you should be stopped. I am not going to go over all your replies, but some of them are just screaming "WTF?!" , for example where you promise someone that they will get PPR or DM within 1-4 weeks. Unless you are their case officer or new immigration minister how in the world would you know and be that certain?!

Regarding "your space" and "your thread", do people a favor and let them ask their question on the main sponsorship forum pages and in specific VO threads, there are many experienced and extremely knowledgeable people on this forum who will try to answer every question on topics they KNOW about. Its not about your ego or you saving the world - you are not helping anyone providing wrong answers and false hopes.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lonelyguy said:
Hi Isahali78, Eaggle said that we should be asking you all the questions we have. I do have a few of them.please tell me.
1.The change to inprocess before use to be assign of PPR emminant. now it's 2 months that my profile went to IP with no PPR. why Isahali.

also do you know when my wife will get PPR? please tell me.

This waiting game is killing me :(
He was sarcastic. As to your question, new IP means just that the file was opened and reviewed for completeness. Nobody can tell you how long it will take. Sorry, its the same waiting game for everyone.

As i mentioned above, if you want right answers, ask on the main sponsorship forum pages and specific VO threads, that's the best chance you will get correct answers - even if that means no answer at all.

Air Force 5

Oct 10, 2015
sashali78 said:
Just for the curiosity of things, i can count 5 wrong things just in your opening message to the forum:)
1. WRONG: "After 3 months an officer will open your file again and begin to do some work, your ecas still showing APPLICTION RECEIVED".
CORRECT: The actual amount of time after which file will be opened and assessed for eligibility can be anywhere from 0 months to 2 years, depending on the visa office and backlog in that office. For example Paris vs London (non-UK applicants)
2. WRONG: "At this point when Ecas displayed Medical results have been received which was the 3rd line, any applicants used to know that their application were almost done."
CORRECT: For sponsorship applications, for MOST applications the medicals are being done upfront and therefore for MOST people the line about medicals was present all the time. In any case, appearance of this line means absolutely nothing.
3. WRONG: "Back then Decision made without re- medical, Medical request or PPR was a sign of rejection and a good number of people used to know that their applications were rejected until they received their decision made letters to be double sure"
CORRECT: That was never the case for sponsorship applications. It was the case for economic class applications though.
4. WRONG: "The NEW IN PROCESS has replaced the old status called APPLICATION RECEIEVED if it says: ...
This way you are not off of the interview's hook yet, they just update your Ecas with those 2 lines they will only show the date they started processing your file when Eligibility passes and background checks have then begun"
CORRECT: The new in process meaning that your file have been received in the VO, the case officer went over the file, checked it for completeness and usually will request any additional or missing documents. No processing or eligibility review has been started
5. WRONG: "You will mostly likely see the third line after months and months when your file has matured for PPR and ready for a decision."
CORRECT: For some VO, the eligibility review happens within a month or two, for example Paris, Sao Paolo, Singapore in certain cases. For other PPR happens almost immediately while decision will not be made for months to come (Manila for example)

It was harmless so nobody, including myself, corrected you, but you are going too far "deciding" people's status, timelines and what they should do and when and I ,personally, thought that you should be stopped. I am not going to go over all your replies, but some of them are just screaming "WTF?!" , for example where you promise someone that they will get PPR or DM within 1-4 weeks. Unless you are their case officer or new immigration minister how in the world would you know and be that certain?!

Regarding "your space" and "your thread", do people a favor and let them ask their question on the main sponsorship forum pages and in specific VO threads, there are many experienced and extremely knowledgeable people on this forum who will try to answer every question on topics they KNOW about. Its not about your ego or you saving the world - you are not helping anyone providing wrong answers and false hopes.
I have 3 questions for you since Eagle333 wants you to take them.

1. Do you have a thread similar to Eagle333 because I am curious to read your comments and see how you handle complex situations?

2. Why don't you have a signature of your timeline like Eagle so that we knows your status? ( why do you prefer to stay in the shadow without any timeline)

3. Are you applying for FCS or FSW?

I trace Eagle333 from 2013, 2014 (when he apply for his citizenship) and 2015. I want to believe your correct answers you just show but I am fighting my conscious that something is not right somewhere...

Air Force 5

Oct 10, 2015
lonelyguy said:
Hi Isahali78, Eaggle said that we should be asking you all the questions we have. I do have a few of them.please tell me.
1.The change to inprocess before use to be assign of PPR emminant. now it's 2 months that my profile went to IP with no PPR. why Isahali.

also do you know when my wife will get PPR? please tell me.

This waiting game is killing me :(
lonelyguy,

I'd love to have one eye person to guide me than a completely blind person. This individual cannot even do research about your specific forum for your visa office and guide you through like Eagle used to do. He/she just left you stranded. We need our Eagle back.

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Done before(January),renewed, April 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
AIRFORCE I O AGREE WIT YOU SASHALI78 COULD HAVE TRACKED MY INFO AND GUIDE ME ACCORDINGLY
BUT I ALSO LIKE THAT HE HUMBLED HIM SELF AND ACCEPTED THAT EAGGLE IS QUALIFIED TO ANSWER THE Q.

EGGLE COME BACK, THERE IS A LOT OF MEAT HERE. :)

Air Force 5

Oct 10, 2015
lonelyguy said:
AIRFORCE I O AGREE WIT YOU SASHALI78 COULD HAVE TRACKED MY INFO AND GUIDE ME ACCORDINGLY
BUT I ALSO LIKE THAT HE HUMBLED HIM SELF AND ACCEPTED THAT EAGGLE IS QUALIFIED TO ANSWER THE Q.

EGGLE COME BACK, THERE IS A LOT OF MEAT HERE. :)
lonelyguy,

My new visa office is Dakar Senegal. Here is my timeline:

Application Received: January 02, 2015
In process: April 17, 2015
Medical Received (done since May 2014 in my previous application which was rejected by Nairobi VO)

My medicals already expired, I have not heard anything from my new visa office. My GCMS will be sent November 10, 2015.

Yes Eagle should come back because he needs to explain to a lot of people things in their GCMS.

braveheart09

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/16/2015
AOR Received.
7/17/2015
File Transfer...
8/24/2015
Med's Done....
5/10/2015
Interview........
01-02-2016
Passport Req..
09-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
Flight booked 25-05-2016
Sashali7 first of all he is giving information and hope at the same time. nobody can know when your ppr gonna receive but you can make a guess and make people happy for rest of 4 week.he is not a god or officer there but he know how to handle people and his kindness . eagle didnt do anything wrong he didnt get any money from anyone or scam people most of his theories are from cic handbook.dont give up on us eagle333 i would like to give you +10000000000000000000 ;D

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
dedoz said:
Its hear, hear, not here here! Lol
No glasses on and on precocet for a broken toe...so if I wanted to type hair hair I would have...just saying...and who made you the spelling police?...lol

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
braveheart09 said:
Sashali7 first of all he is giving information and hope at the same time. nobody can know when your ppr gonna receive but you can make a guess and make people happy for rest of 4 week.he is not a god or officer there but he know how to handle people and his kindness . eagle didnt do anything wrong he didnt get any money from anyone or scam people most of his theories are from cic handbook.dont give up on us eagle333 i would like to give you +10000000000000000000 ;D
I am with Sahali7..when I first started on they forum I was looking for someone to give me the answer I was looking for and I found them but after being in the system since 2009 i see Eagle blowing rainbows up people butts...I know from the forums I read we had it all planned out to move to Canada in the summer of 2014 and by everything we read that would have been our time line...problem is that CIC had our case sit on someones desk or who knows where it was for 9 months...there was nothing touched in our case other then my request for case notes for 9 months...It was not until I contacted a MP that there was movement on our case and since then medical has expired, extended and more meds were requested twice only to find out 2.5 months later with help from the CIC dr that the case manager is not capable of opening the Emedical file that CIC set up...I have found that CIC will do as they please and yes it great to have someone tell you what you want to hear( here hair hare) but plan for the time frame outlined by CIC otherwise you will be sadly disappointed...We had info on our CIC site only to have it all removed...we know medical has been rec'd because of case notes but there is nothing on the site indicating it has been rec'd...I looked for any info on a Rehab/PR interview and can't find anything and there is nothing on the site indicating that we even have an interview...So I say let Eagle but whatever he or she wants, thank goodness for freedom of "speech" but take it with a pinch of salt....and Braveheart we have no idea what anyone does on here in private...I personally think that Eagle is trying to be helpful but it looks like what they are saying, for lack of better words, is "Gods honest Truth"...Just be careful with what you read...

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
dedoz said:
Its hear, hear, not here here! Lol
"The phrase is properly "Hear, hear", since you want everyone to hear what's being said.

Nonetheless, the eggcorn "Here, here" is so common that it may actually be eclipsing the original version."

Jobe

Aug 14, 2015
Dear Eagle333 and Sashali78,

I am not asking either of you for binding legal advice, just your thoughts. Nobody can be right 100% of the time. I don't plan anything on what you guys say. I take it as thought and insight as it is meant to be.

I had an earlier post on this thread about a strange telephone interview my wife and mother in-law had. Eagle333 believes that a formal interview will most likely be waived now. He could well be right. I will not hold it against him if he is wrong. Today we received a request for further medical examinations and a new police clearance certificate. I am asking both of you for your thoughts. What will happen next? What is the approximate timeline now? How likely is it that I will have my family with me here in Canada in time for Christmas and New Year? Our application is being processed at the Kyiv, Ukraine visa office.

I would ask both of you to please answer. I will not hold you to anything you say. I will not get any false hopes. I am merely asking you for your thoughts and insight.

Thank you very much.

Jobe

preetiv

May 4, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
AOR Received.
22-8-2014
File Transfer...
2-09-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
29-08-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
hope so soon by God's grace
VISA ISSUED...
crossing fingers
This is the working style for NDVO
I and few of my forum members had gone through our gcms notes and e cas and came to a conclusion.
Though the time line differs for each country depending on no of application submitted per year but I guess (i'm not sure) the working style of all visa office would be same
a) Application received date they usually mark the date when the application was send to Canada where they go through the sponsors details (i.e Assessment of sponsor)
b) Once the file has been transferred to the applicants (sponsored person’s) visa office they send the acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) where they ask for RPRF (landing fees) and PCC then the file goes in process
In process for NDVO
i. Old In Process - Till last year an applicant got In Process when they had cleared their eligibility criteria( i.e interview waiver)
ii. New In process – Once the file has been transferred to the applicants Visa office the file goes in process (where it says application has been received by the visa officer and they will send an acknowledgement of receipt)
iii. At times the AOR and In Process dates will be same.
Here is the link for reference:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=app_perm_fam&lang=en&app=
c) Medicals – They update the medicals in ecas only when an applicant have passed their medical examination
d) The file will be In process till
i. Eligibility
ii. Medicals
iii. Background checks like (criminality, security and RFV checks)
Are completed (At times, Eligibility checks and Medical check goes hand in hand)
e) VO might also ask for additional documents to have a better clarity on the file. (Not in all cases)
f) As far as Re-Medicals are concerned, The VO extends the medicals for 3 months for an applicant to land in Canada (this happens only when all the checks are completed). Here is the link for your reference:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/assess/cert.asp

If an applicant has got their re-medicals it means that all the checks like (eligibility, medicals, criminality and RFV) has been cleared and a sure shot that applicant is through and can expect PPR and DM any time (In a very rare case, during the final review if VO has a doubt on your file they might call for interview).
g) Decision Made – After completion all the above steps its Decision Made on the file 

VO working style (In short):
Eligibility-
Where they check the genuineness of a marriage.
Medicals –
(a) physical examination;
(b) mental examination;
(c) review of past medical history;
(d) laboratory test;
(e) diagnostic test; and
(f) medical assessment of records respecting the applicant.

Security and Criminality –
Here is the link for back ground checks (Security and Criminality Check) given by cic

http://fas.org/asmp/campaigns/control/Canadianexemptionsfoia/FOIA_4_22_05/P5HX.pdf
Time duration differs from case to case for eg, no of countries lived in (more than 6 months),any crimes committed etc and these checks are done usually in groups
RFV Checks –
In RFV Check, they mainly look out for
i. Fees Receipt (RPRF)
ii. House Address

So once we pass all these checks our file will be in Final review Queue and we’ll get a status update as decision made.

compare it with your e-cas and gcms notes for a better clarity on files

Hope this helps !!

Good luck ;D :D

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Done before(January),renewed, April 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Air Force 5 said:
lonelyguy,

My new visa office is Dakar Senegal. Here is my timeline:

Application Received: January 02, 2015
In process: April 17, 2015
Medical Received (done since May 2014 in my previous application which was rejected by Nairobi VO)

My medicals already expired, I have not heard anything from my new visa office. My GCMS will be sent November 10, 2015.

Yes Eagle should come back because he needs to explain to a lot of people things in their GCMS.

Sorry about that dear.w ith your new application, we have almost same timeline.can I ask you why you changed VO?did your wife move from east Arica to west maybe?I wish CIC woul dknow how these waiting time affect us,affect our lives, affect our jobs,etc...
some days you wake up thinking about your loved one, you dodn't fel talk to anybody,just a a depression.My wife's medical will expire in January,I hope to have a good news before that time.also in my notes it says my file due date is April/2016. so I know that anytime before that time she will come.
May God grant your wishes al!

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jobe said:
Dear Eagle333 and Sashali78,

I am not asking either of you for binding legal advice, just your thoughts. Nobody can be right 100% of the time. I don't plan anything on what you guys say. I take it as thought and insight as it is meant to be.

I had an earlier post on this thread about a strange telephone interview my wife and mother in-law had. Eagle333 believes that a formal interview will most likely be waived now. He could well be right. I will not hold it against him if he is wrong. Today we received a request for further medical examinations and a new police clearance certificate. I am asking both of you for your thoughts. What will happen next? What is the approximate timeline now? How likely is it that I will have my family with me here in Canada in time for Christmas and New Year? Our application is being processed at the Kyiv, Ukraine visa office.

I would ask both of you to please answer. I will not hold you to anything you say. I will not get any false hopes. I am merely asking you for your thoughts and insight.

Thank you very much.

Jobe
Most likely it is correct and your interview is waived. But there is no way to know your timeline, it can be as short as a few weeks or as long as many months before your wife passport will be requested. Hang in there and consult your VO thread , people there can be of more help: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t135588.0.html

preetiv

May 4, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
AOR Received.
22-8-2014
File Transfer...
2-09-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
29-08-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
hope so soon by God's grace
VISA ISSUED...
crossing fingers
sashali78 said:

2. It's in correct where as medicals are concerned an applicant gets an update in e cas only when he/she clears the medical examination