+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Old Friend threatening need help

hbsk786

Apr 28, 2014
Hello everyone in the forum.
My stories as below
I am the PR and staying in Canada with my family, one of my old friend has approached me he would like to come to Canada on Visit Visa and requested sponsor ship. He was in my good books I was unable to refuse and I send all the documents required to apply for visit visa, He got the 4 years multiples visit visa.
Recently I got the disputes with him and he was trying to cash in my back on my name, I fired him.
Than he threaten me, I know he cannot do anything in back home or my family back home,
My question is
He has my PR card copy, my home phone number and my tax return paper copy as I send to him when he was applying the visit visa .
He is calling to my home phone from outside country and not speaking just making mock calls.
I will be very grateful anyone advice, what he can do as he has all my confidential information Tax return papers copy and PR card copy etc.
Thanks

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He cant do anything, those docs are useless to him. Unless he sells it to someone who is an identity thief. But still it requires a lot of work

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
yes, just keep an eye out for identity theft.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
With your PR card, tax documents, phone number and address, he has all the information to correctly answer questions about you, which may be enough to convince the person on the other end of the phone.

If I were you, I would call the two credit bureaus (Equifax and TransUnion) and inform them of this situation. Then ask if they would put an alert on your credit profile. This way, your "friend" or whoever can not apply for credit cards, car loans, mortgage, etc in your name.

You may want to request your credit report from both credit bureaus each year, just to ensure there are no surprises. You are entitled to one free report each year from each credit bureau.

Also, report the harassment to your phone company. I believe there is a way to block his calls/number.

man4uni

Star Member
Aug 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you have the copy of his passport or Canadian Visit Visa page? If yes, I would suggest you report to the Canadian Border Force and restrict his entry to Canada. Or you can file a case against him to confiscate his visa. Some people just learn the lesson in HARD way my friend! :)

Even though if you don't have the above docs, I m sure you must have his full name, DoB, Place of Birth, Nationality etc,.

Good Luck!!!