+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ok to sponsor my common law spouse if I am currently unemloyed?

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
figgy said:
thanks again!

I have a couple questions for now..... do we need to follow the "region specific forms" (my boyfriend being from Australia) as well as all the other forms even though he resides in Canada and not Australia? or... are we to follow the region specific forms as we are sending the forms outland?

also, we want to get the medical done in the next few weeks but are wondering where the doctor sends the results? and what if we get the medical done in couple weeks but don't send the application to Mississauga for a month or so.... how does that work? do they keep the results until they receive the forms?

any advice would be appreciated! thank you!
You can have the medicals done at anytime before you send in your application, they then send the results to the VO you have put on your form, in your case Sydney. these will then stay there until your sponsorship has been approved and the application sent to the VO, they then marry up the application with your medical results.
You should get a form after you have the medicals, mine came 2 weeks after I had the medical, but by then I had sent in the application. We didnt send in the form they gave us as we had sent in proof of payment and the tracking email that the docotor sent us to show they had sent the medicals to London,they accepted that. :)

sidkrose

Apr 25, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2011
AOR Received.
24-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2011
LANDED..........
10-12-2011
MandyUK said:
You can have the medicals done at anytime before you send in your application, they then send the results to the VO you have put on your form, in your case Sydney. these will then stay there until your sponsorship has been approved and the application sent to the VO, they then marry up the application with your medical results.
You should get a form after you have the medicals, mine came 2 weeks after I had the medical, but by then I had sent in the application. We didnt send in the form they gave us as we had sent in proof of payment and the tracking email that the docotor sent us to show they had sent the medicals to London,they accepted that. :)
I think usually they give you the form right after you are finished. Make sure you check it before you leave the office to make sure there are no mistakes.