+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ok invitation by Enforcement and intelligence operations div

joyalltheway

Nov 7, 2019
Hello everyone..

I got a letter from enforcement and intelligence inviting me for an interview.

I had my refugee claim rejected and was aksed to appeal. I missed the deadline due to funds and lawyer change. Although I went there to drop a letter personally asking for extension before i get a lawyer which i got a week later and then wrote for extension.and also is sending in the letter to the court

In the letter am asked to bring all documents and papers issued by the canadian govt to me.and come with my household.

Question

What does this imply

What can I do

and who can intervene

Does the invitation means deportation ?

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Well, commonly - a refugee claim is made and a conditional removal order is issued. If you're deemed to be a Convention refugee then the removal order disappears.

If a refugee claim is unsuccessful then the removal order comes into effect. There is a removal "interview" with the subjects of the removal order to discuss how they will satisfy the removal order (by leaving Canada).

You didn't meet the deadline to appeal the negative finding for your claim to be a Convention refugee so the reason for you to remain in Canada is now gone.

Why you missed the deadline isn't of much interest to the people planning your removal and they don't have much discretion in their work, so they will be assessing whether or not they are going to have to enforce the order or if you'll leave voluntarily, I suspect.

joyalltheway

Nov 7, 2019
Thanks this is helpful. But my lawyer wrote to them after the deadline asking for an appeal and will send in the appeal document this week.