+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP work history section

Option Paralysis

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Hey all, I need some help with the OINP form. In the work history section, do I need to list all employment, or just the jobs I'm claiming points for? I only have documentation for the work I'm claiming points for. If I list all jobs, would it be alright if I only provided documentation for some of them? Thanks.

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Hey all, I need some help with the OINP form. In the work history section, do I need to list all employment, or just the jobs I'm claiming points for? I only have documentation for the work I'm claiming points for. If I list all jobs, would it be alright if I only provided documentation for some of them? Thanks.
Including the jobs for which you claim points would suffice.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
But it says, one must include all work history in the past 10 years...

"List all of your paid work experience in the last ten years (or since the age of 18, if this was less than ten years ago). Start with your current or most recent occupation. Note: Any work experience obtained after you received your Notification of Interest through your IRCC online account will not count towards the minimum 12 months of work experience required. You must have accumulated at least 12 months of work experience by the date that you received your NOI to qualify under the Human Capital Priorities Stream."

nessa.aline

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Does anyone have experience with this?

I have the same problem, I only have documentation for the work I'm claiming points for.

theja

Jul 14, 2014
But it says, one must include all work history in the past 10 years...

"List all of your paid work experience in the last ten years (or since the age of 18, if this was less than ten years ago). Start with your current or most recent occupation. Note: Any work experience obtained after you received your Notification of Interest through your IRCC online account will not count towards the minimum 12 months of work experience required. You must have accumulated at least 12 months of work experience by the date that you received your NOI to qualify under the Human Capital Priorities Stream."

Hi Guys, URGENT
Submitted my CEC profile with 417 points and
I have received my NOI for Ontario PNP Yesterday(AUG 09 2018) under Human Capital.
Actually i started my job in Aug 18 2017.So i am lacking for 1 week for 1 year experience to be completed.

My Question is that Does they consider last day of my job experience till i got NOI or till i submit my ONIP application.
What happens if i submit my application with present situation.Any chances?

Thank you.

BA_LEE

Apr 1, 2019
I'm in the same situation.... Please let me know what did you do and did it work?
Replies from anyone else would be appreciated as well...

aayushij

Aug 29, 2019
I'm in the same situation.... Please let me know what did you do and did it work?
Replies from anyone else would be appreciated as well...
Hello I would like to know what documents did you upload to support your part time work experience?

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
@Options paralysis
Does anyone have experience with this?

I have the same problem, I only have documentation for the work I'm claiming points for.
Guys, what did you do eventually? I'm in the same boat.

Last edited:

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Thanks for responding @aayushij. Did you provide any explanations for skipping that experience?

It would still help if someone can indicate that it is OK to skip mentioning full-time roles for which they don't have any documentation. Especially coming from someone who's done this in their OINP application.

aayushij

Aug 29, 2019
Yes you may skip it but you will have gaps when you fill your work history, you might still have to add information but in the letter of explanation you can write that why you didn’t provide the documents.

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Yes you may skip it but you will have gaps when you fill your work history, you might still have to add information but in the letter of explanation you can write that why you didn’t provide the documents.
Hi aayushij,
I have only given details of work for which I am claiming points thinking that it would suffice. And I didn't add loe for the same. Will that be an issue?

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Thanks for responding @aayushij. Did you provide any explanations for skipping that experience?

It would still help if someone can indicate that it is OK to skip mentioning full-time roles for which they don't have any documentation. Especially coming from someone who's done this in their OINP application.
Hi Kashifsami,
I just added my work experience that I claimed points for. And added only those into my resume. However seeing all this discussion I am worried if that will cause an issue. I did not mention anything related to that in loe as well. Is there something I can do to let them know or any advise?

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi Kashifsami,
I just added my work experience that I claimed points for. And added only those into my resume. However seeing all this discussion I am worried if that will cause an issue. I did not mention anything related to that in loe as well. Is there something I can do to let them know or any advise?
Hi @mvneema10 . This subject caused me a lot of confusion as well and I went with the advice of an immigration consultant here in India who told me to stick to listing jobs in the application and resume for which I can provide proof. Now, I am not using a consultant per say but he seems trustworthy and was kind of enough to answer one question for me.

Having said that, I did mention it in my LoE. I'm not sure what you'd do at this time except maybe to email them and provide an explanation. I've seen some email IDs being shared in this forum but I think that'll be easy to understand.

Keep in mind though that my application has not yet moved from 'submitted' to 'assessment' and of course no decision has been taken on it so take my advice with a pinch of salt.