+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP vs CEC

onlyfleur

Mar 22, 2017
Hello,

Express entry profile created on March 3, 2017.
CRS Points: 474

I would like to know if it is eligible for OINP since the federal PR draw is not out since 3 weeks. Is there something different that needs to be done to receive a NOI?

Look forward to a reply.

Thanks!

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
onlyfleur said:
Hello,

I would like to know if it is eligible for OINP since the federal PR draw is not out since 3 weeks. Is there something different that needs to be done to receive a NOI?

Look forward to a reply.

Thanks!

candidates with OINP also have to wait for express entry draw.......OINP would take months to nominate and would give u 600 extra points.... with 1075 points....you will wait for the draw (express entry=economic immigrants draw=CEC + OINP + other provincially nominated candidates)

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
onlyfleur said:
Hello,

Look forward to a reply.

Thanks!
You have enough points to go without a nomination. I would suggest avoid it

onlyfleur

Mar 22, 2017
Itsmee said:
candidates with OINP also have to wait for express entry draw......there are some of us who waited for 17 months.....OINP would take months to nominate and would give u 600 extra points.... with 1075 points....you will wait for the draw (express entry=economic immigrants draw=CEC + OINP + other provincially nominated candidates)
Is there anything specific need to be done on the profile to receive OINP?

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
onlyfleur said:
Hello,

Look forward to a reply.

Thanks!

If it makes u feel any better....you are among the few lucky ones whose waiting time is the shortest....few weeks

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
onlyfleur said:
Is there anything specific need to be done on the profile to receive OINP?

I am not sure if ON is sending nominations....I recommend searching some posts regarding OINP
Last year, recreating profile used to get notification of interest from ON.....just answering not recommending.....as OINP takes months to nominate

onlyfleur

Mar 22, 2017
Itsmee said:
If it makes u feel any better....you are among the few lucky ones whose waiting time is the shortest....few weeks
Yeah, I know! But i've been having sleepless nights as the draw isn't out since 3 weeks now.

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
onlyfleur said:
Hello,

Look forward to a reply.

Thanks!

Why don't you start collecting documents for OINP....you will take longer to gather documents and in the meantime, you will get ITA And you will also not feel bad waiting

onlyfleur

Mar 22, 2017
Itsmee said:
I am not sure if ON is sending nominations....I recommend searching some posts regarding OINP
Last year, recreating profile used to get notification of interest from ON.....just answering not recommending.....as OINP takes months to nominate
Profile was created recently so hopefully something goes through by the end of this month. Waited a really long time for this!

onlyfleur

Mar 22, 2017
Itsmee said:
Why don't you start collecting documents for OINP....you will take longer to gather documents and in the meantime, you will get ITA And you will also not feel bad waiting
Haha yeah! At least that would keep the mind busy. But i really wonder why the draw hasn't happened last week nor this week.

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
onlyfleur said:
Haha yeah! At least that would keep the mind busy. But i really wonder why the draw hasn't happened last week nor this week.

Because they usually conduct 2 draws in a month (just observation....not a fact) and there are 5 wednesdays in March...... it makes sense to pick first and last wednesdays in a month for the draw.....still no guarantee but likely to have a draw next week...

onlyfleur

Mar 22, 2017
Itsmee said:
Because they usually conduct 2 draws in a month (just observation....not a fact) and there are 5 wednesdays in March...... it makes sense to pick first and last wednesdays in a month for the draw.....still no guarantee but likely to have a draw next week...
I've been trying to convince myself of the same fact. lol. Lets hope for the best!

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
onlyfleur said:
I've been trying to convince myself of the same fact. lol. Lets hope for the best!

Are your post ita documents ready?? PCC, reference letter, photo (digital photo has different requirements then printed one), proof of fund (assuming u are not CEC)....everything exactly according to specifications ....write all letter of explaination......it's a lot of work so u could do that in the meanwhile....may be read some posts regarding after ita documentation so u don't miss anything

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
Itsmee said:
Are your post ita documents ready?? PCC, reference letter, photo (digital photo has different requirements then printed one), proof of fund (assuming u are not CEC)....everything exactly according to specifications ....write all letter of explaination......it's a lot of work so u could do that in the meanwhile....may be read some posts regarding after ita documentation so u don't miss anything

And if all your documents are ready....read this and prep docs for OINP

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps.pdf

Good luck!!!!

onlyfleur

Mar 22, 2017
Itsmee said:
And if all your documents are ready....read this and prep docs for OINP

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps.pdf

Good luck!!!!

Thanks! Its CEC application.