Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
g126 said:
Hahahahha... Only ONE hour??? I lost countless days at various banks in Brazil... At the time I had an account at HSBC and couldn't understand WHY they just could get their Canadian arm to issue me a bank draft.

Eventually I got a friend of mine that lives in Calgary to get a Bank Draft from his bank, courrier over to me, I attached it to my package and couriered back to Canada! Not to mention the hours praying that Brazilian customs wouldn't find the 'hidden' bank draft in the couriered documents (BOTH WAYS!!).

Nah my friend... I lost weeks running and worrying after this, you had it easy! :p
I went for the bank cheque not for DD. But it was still fun. That lady was emplyed there several years but that was her first ever cheqie like that. Then a week later like magic it was BC for rbc.
Still I felt like travelling back in time.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
My mum sent a bankers draft to Quebec from India when UK banks did not understand what they were.

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Pawshi said:
My two cents (Canadian) ;D

Consider this point - on 12th they said that temporary pause from IRCC is still on. However, the latest update does not says the same. Even Nov 28th update also referred to the pause.

So from my point of view, it is positive. They will move to online for all type of applications. Enterprenuer stream was made online in August 2016. Now, French speaking has been made online.

If you read the Jan 12th update, there was no information about the switch to online about the french speaking. It appears to me that they have got the 2017 quota and they will switch to online system for stream by stream.

Do browse this site daily for the latest. I do hope that Human Capital stream will open in March 1st week. By that time, federal govnt will have minimum three draws. It will bring the score down to 440 level and then they will release the new cut-off.
sounds good.may b the online process is in the offing for all streams.

If there r 3 draws till march, ul receive an ITA in d next 2-3 draws, u dont need a pnp

edapras

Star Member
Oct 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
g126 said:
Wowwww!!! The biggest pain for me on the OINP process was getting that stupid Canadian Bank Draft... This was a much needed improvement over the old system.
I received the invite one week after submitting OINP paper application. I emailed OINP that i received the invite and would want to revoke the OINP application. They promptly returned the entire package along with the 1500$ Bank Draft. Lucky we were. Will this be possible now that the payment is online. Although this is a rare case, it saved us quite a deal of money