+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP total processing time [Foreign worker]

jd13

Star Member
Nov 11, 2018
I talked to my company lawyers for OINP. They said I qualified for foreign worker stream and the total processing time is 4 months to get the EOI and then 26 from there to get the PR. I was dumb founded. This seems totally strange

I'm a tech employee having a CRS score of 430 [will be 480 by May] and have been in Canada for 2 years. My questions are

1. Is the lawyer correct? Does it take this long?
  2. Is there any other option for me for Ontario PNP. I believe tech draws are possible but they are a lottery and currently the cut is 496
Thankyou in advance for any responses

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I talked to my company lawyers for OINP. They said I qualified for foreign worker stream and the total processing time is 4 months to get the EOI and then 26 from there to get the PR. I was dumb founded. This seems totally strange

I'm a tech employee having a CRS score of 430 [will be 480 by May] and have been in Canada for 2 years. My questions are

1. Is the lawyer correct? Does it take this long?
  2. Is there any other option for me for Ontario PNP. I believe tech draws are possible but they are a lottery and currently the cut is 496
Thankyou in advance for any responses
1. Yes. See link

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

2. Not unless there is a tech draw with your NOC and CRS score.

KPR1

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
Find out your NOC.
Research OINP draw history and find if your NOC has regularly been selected on the tech draws.
I saw that tech support job comes under tech draw sometimes but not every time. I don't know why it is random.