+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - To upload Family Documents or not?

JithenB

Aug 25, 2023
Hello Experts,
Kindly help me with my below queries.

I got notification of interest from OINP last month as part of Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream. I created my individual express entry profile without my spouse and kids i.e. they are not accompanying me. Currently I am in Canada with my spouse(work permit) and kids(study permits) but I created individual express entry profile for more CRS points. What should I answer for below questions related to my family in my OINP application?

1) Do you have any dependent family members? YES or NO
2) Is your family member accompanying you to Ontario? YES OR NO
3) Do I need to upload my family documents(Passports, IELTS, Work permit, Study permit etc) in Family Documents section in case if I enter family details in above section but with accompanying as NO?

Last edited:

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello Experts,
Kindly help me with my below queries.

I got notification of interest from OINP last month as part of Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream. I created my individual express entry profile without my spouse and kids i.e. they are not accompanying me. Currently I am in Canada with my spouse(work permit) and kids(study permits) but I created individual express entry profile for more CRS points. What should I answer for below questions related to my family in my OINP application?

1) Do you have any dependent family members? YES or NO
2) Is your family member accompanying you to Ontario? YES OR NO
3) Do I need to upload my family documents(Passports, IELTS, Work permit, Study permit etc) in Family Documents section in case if I enter family details in above section but with accompanying as NO?
Yes for all.

JithenB

Aug 25, 2023
Yes for all.
Thanks for the reply. But answering YES to Is your family member accompanying you to Ontario? will differ from what I mentioned in Express entry profile. I came to know from one of my friend that I should maintain same details and any change in the information from Express Entry to OINP will come under information misrepresentation. So I don't want to take a risk of mentioning (2) as Yes.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Thanks for the reply. But answering YES to Is your family member accompanying you to Ontario? will differ from what I mentioned in Express entry profile. I came to know from one of my friend that I should maintain same details and any change in the information from Express Entry to OINP will come under information misrepresentation. So I don't want to take a risk of mentioning (2) as Yes.
Didn't you mentioned they are here now in Canada?
How can you deny their absence since they are already here?
I will not say if in your shoes but maybe I can be wrong.
I will leave it to others for more insight....

Last edited:

kumar2025

Feb 9, 2024
In my case, my wife is on SOWP inside Canada. So you answered for question,
Any dependent: No and uploaded zero documents for family ?
Have you received any update regarding your OINP?
If possible could you please share your contact or email, so I can contact you directly

JithenB

Aug 25, 2023
In my case, my wife is on SOWP inside Canada. So you answered for question,
Any dependent: No and uploaded zero documents for family ?
Have you received any update regarding your OINP?
If possible could you please share your contact or email, so I can contact you directly
I mentioned No but I entered spuse and kids details in Family section by mentioning accompanying as No. I uploaded their work, study permits. Send me a mail to jithen1010@gmail.com