+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Tech Draw

Abshar

May 9, 2022
Hi I have been invited for Ontario PNP Under tech Draw. I am landing under CEC .My Primary Job Noc is In Tech for 8months and Secondary Noc in Non Tech Field for 6 Months I am eligible to apply for pnp or Is It a Good Idea to Apply for PNP without any problem or wait for Express Entry Stem Draw .

JuhatmaRhdn

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021
As per the OINP Website:

"Under the Canadian Experience Class, you must have:

• at least one year of cumulative paid full-time work experience (or the equivalent in paid part-time work) in Canada in TEER Category 0, 1, 2 or 3 of the NOC"
Source: Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream | ontario.ca

Based on what you said, it doesn't seem like you qualify for the HCP stream. It is not unheard of that the OINP send out NOIs to candidates that on further inspection, don't meet the criteria.

You can try and wait for a STEM Draw but those are few and far in between. Also, they barely decrease the CRS cut-off. The last draw cut-off was 481, a 5-point decrease since the previous draw, even after inviting 4,500 more people. Are you at least 3 to 5 points away from that cut-off? If you have the time left in your current temporary status (assuming you are inland) and are close to the cut-off, then waiting can be an option.

Cheers!

inognito

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
Hi I have been invited for Ontario PNP Under tech Draw. I am landing under CEC .My Primary Job Noc is In Tech for 8months and Secondary Noc in Non Tech Field for 6 Months I am eligible to apply for pnp or Is It a Good Idea to Apply for PNP without any problem or wait for Express Entry Stem Draw .
Hi Abshar

I believe you should go ahead for OINP HCP tech draw. Just accept the OINP NOI in last 10 days/
By the time , they review your file. almost 12 months will be over.

JuhatmaRhdn

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021
As per the OINP Website:

"Under the Canadian Experience Class, you must have:

• at least one year of cumulative paid full-time work experience (or the equivalent in paid part-time work) in Canada in TEER Category 0, 1, 2 or 3 of the NOC"
Source: Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream | ontario.ca

Based on what you said, it doesn't seem like you qualify for the HCP stream. It is not unheard of that the OINP send out NOIs to candidates that on further inspection, don't meet the criteria.

You can try and wait for a STEM Draw but those are few and far in between. Also, they barely decrease the CRS cut-off. The last draw cut-off was 481, a 5-point decrease since the previous draw, even after inviting 4,500 more people. Are you at least 3 to 5 points away from that cut-off? If you have the time left in your current temporary status (assuming you are inland) and are close to the cut-off, then waiting can be an option.

Cheers!

My apologies. Upon further reading, turns out that under CEC, your work experience can be cumulative between different jobs. That being the case, then could be that you can qualify for this. Not sure if the NOCs have to the same however. I don't think so but I'll let others clarify that part.