Dec 16, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Congratulations!!! I also received it.
Is there any option to Accept that?
I had a new application (Permanent Residency) showing up on my IRCC profile with 2 options. One was decline application and other now says continue application. I already clicked the other option so don’t remember what it was before.

sheikhfahad103

Star Member
Jan 4, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2021
Nomination.....
20-04-2021
AOR Received.
03-06-2021
Med's Done....
08-05-2021
Congrats all who received the ITA today :) I also got it (finally!) :D
I believe continuing the application is Accepting it. Let's hope rest of the process is as smooth and worriless as it was for the PNP.

hdcanada_10

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
I got the ITA too :)
Congratulations to all who received it today and all the best to those who are waiting.

Congratulations!!! I also received it.
Is there any option to Accept that?
"Continue with application" is accepting it and you will be asked some more questions and submit CAD $500 RPRF fees. I did not go beyond this. Hopefully someone can share their experience soon.

Reactions: GS0 and Ssns

hdcanada_10

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
Hi all,
I am in a pickle and hoping to get a response/advice from you. The thing is I am getting married in very soon and I would like to include would be spouse in my application. I have already received ITA so I want to know how to proceed with my application, given she hasn't given IELTS and ECA is not done. I have already created a new thread. Please check it out and if you can help then please post your comments.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/post-ita-getting-married-what-to-do.730421/

Please help.

RT42

Star Member
Dec 16, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi all,
I am in a pickle and hoping to get a response/advice from you. The thing is I am getting married in very soon and I would like to include would be spouse in my application. I have already received ITA so I want to know how to proceed with my application, given she hasn't given IELTS and ECA is not done. I have already created a new thread. Please check it out and if you can help then please post your comments.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/post-ita-getting-married-what-to-do.730421/

Please help.
If you can submit your PR application before getting married, you should be good.

After a few months, IRCC will reach out asking you to update your profile if there are any major changes in your life (new job, location, marriage, birth of a child etc.). In the meantime, you can get the ECA, IELTS done for your wife and submit the supporting documents when asked.

hdcanada_10

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
If you can submit your PR application before getting married, you should be good.

After a few months, IRCC will reach out asking you to update your profile if there are any major changes in your life (new job, location, marriage, birth of a child etc.). In the meantime, you can get the ECA, IELTS done for your wife and submit the supporting documents when asked.
Thank you for your response @RT42
In the account, past "continue with application" button, I filled additional details like employment and places of residence for last 10 years. The selector for martial status was locked and displayed "Never Married/Single". Then I reached the page where I have to upload - digital photograph, PCC, Medical, Employment, POF, Education etc and finally the $1410 fee (single applicant). I have all the documents with me except for PCC & Medical certificate and since I am getting married in 3 days, I won't be able to get these two documents on time.
So it looks like I will have to inform IRCC about the change in marital status and see what they ask from me.

Edit: I looked at CRS score to see if we don't get IELTS and ECA for my wife, how many points would we lose. Pre-wedding I have 1064 points and post (without IELTS & ECA) we will have 1038. Even though she has a master's degree and would easily score CLB 9. Cut off for our draw was 717.

Last edited:

RT42

Star Member
Dec 16, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
In the account, past "continue with application" button, I filled additional details like employment and places of residence for last 10 years. The selector for martial status was locked and displayed "Never Married/Single". Then I reached the page where I have to upload - digital photograph, PCC, Medical, Employment, POF, Education etc and finally the $1410 fee (single applicant). I have all the documents with me except for PCC & Medical certificate and since I am getting married in 3 days, I won't be able to get these two documents on time.
So it looks like I will have to inform IRCC about the change in marital status and see what they ask from me.

Edit: I looked at CRS score to see if we don't get IELTS and ECA for my wife, how many points would we lose. Pre-wedding I have 1064 points and post (without IELTS & ECA) we will have 1038. Even though she has a master's degree and would easily score CLB 9. Cut off for our draw was 717.
In one of the most recent messages in profile, a document mentioned that if there’s a change in your personal status at the time of ITA, you should submit a new profile or something along those lines. I’d suggest to go through that before reaching out to IRCC.

hdcanada_10

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
In one of the most recent messages in profile, a document mentioned that if there’s a change in your personal status at the time of ITA, you should submit a new profile or something along those lines. I’d suggest to go through that before reaching out to IRCC.
Can you please tell me where to look or what was in the message? I checked my account but couldn't find anything.

RT42

Star Member
Dec 16, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Can you please tell me where to look or what was in the message? I checked my account but couldn't find anything.
It’s the ITA document - IMM5791_2-V2VRINA - this was the doc name, not sure if everyone will see the same. The topic is right below your total points displayed : Changes to your personal situation

hdcanada_10

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
It’s the ITA document - IMM5791_2-V2VRINA - this was the doc name, not sure if everyone will see the same. The topic is right below your total points displayed : Changes to your personal situation
Oh great! So I re-calculated the score and after adding points for my wife, my final CRS score would still be more than cut off score of our round of invitation.
From the document - "If your new score is lower than the minimum points score in the round of invitation from which you were invited to apply, you should consider declining this invitation to apply. You should also consider declining this invitation to apply if you no longer meet the minimum criteria for Express Entry. "

I guess we will know more after we send in "change in personal status" request to IRCC. Thank you for taking the time to help me :)

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Oh great! So I re-calculated the score and after adding points for my wife, my final CRS score would still be more than cut off score of our round of invitation.
From the document - "If your new score is lower than the minimum points score in the round of invitation from which you were invited to apply, you should consider declining this invitation to apply. You should also consider declining this invitation to apply if you no longer meet the minimum criteria for Express Entry. "

I guess we will know more after we send in "change in personal status" request to IRCC. Thank you for taking the time to help me :)
I think you need to inform OINP also since you got the nomination as a single applicant otherwise they might pull your nomination later on.

Reactions: hdcanada_10

georgeb88

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
May2021
AOR Received.
14-06-2021

The best option would have been to wait and accept nomination after wedding maybe. But now i guess since your case is legitimate, especially when the case officer see that your wedding date is after your ITA it will be clear. But 2 things I would point out is : 1) to ensure that you don't fall below the 67 point threshold for the FSW eligibility and 2) explain all of the information change in your LOE, as any change to your profile after ITA gets logged in clearly and you don't want anything to be left to be assumed by the officer, so better explain clearly. All the best.

Reactions: hdcanada_10