+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Remote job inside Ontario

feroj21

Feb 26, 2024
Hi,

I have been working for a company remotely for last 1.5 years. I am living inside Ontario and My company office resided in Toronto, Ontario. However, our 100% employee are working remotely. Is it any problem to get the Nomination?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I have been working for a company remotely for last 1.5 years. I am living inside Ontario and My company office resided in Toronto, Ontario. However, our 100% employee are working remotely. Is it any problem to get the Nomination?
Depends on whether employer meets requirements and willing to give you a job offer, and your score and NOC are selected. What stream?

feroj21

Feb 26, 2024
I already applied for nomination. I got ITA on 5th December and my application is in DIP now. I heard, at least 5 full time employee need to work on the office location, thats why I am worrying :(

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I already applied for nomination. I got ITA on 5th December and my application is in DIP now. I heard, at least 5 full time employee need to work on the office location, thats why I am worrying :(
Right. That is in the employer eligibility requirements.

Your business must have at the time of application submission one of the following:

• if the applicant will work or report to work at a location in the Greater Toronto Area (City of Toronto, Durham, Halton, York, and Peel regions), you must demonstrate that your business has at least fivefull-time employees who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents who work at the location where the applicant will work or report to work,
  • if the applicant will work or report to work at a location outside the Greater Toronto Area, you must demonstrate that your business has at least three full-time employees who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents who work at the location where the applicant will work or report to work.

Assume you didn’t count points for location. All you can do is wait.

feroj21

Feb 26, 2024
Since my office location is in Toronto, I didn't get any point. My company has more than 20 people who are Canadian Citizen/PR but working from home.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Since my office location is in Toronto, I didn't get any point. My company has more than 20 people who are Canadian Citizen/PR but working from home.
It will depend on what OINP does in terms of finding out if there is no office with full time staff in it. All you can do is wait.

Bhattibs88

Feb 28, 2024
I got ITA in demand on 5th December and my application is in DIP now anyone can tell me is DIP is positive sing my work primt is expiring soon please reply

Nov 30, 2020
Hi, I am on ICT work permit. However, my employer closed all offices during the pandemic. We are 100% remote. Can I apply for the Employer Job Offer Foreign Worker Stream under the OINP? We still have a registered/P.O Box office in Toronto.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I am on ICT work permit. However, my employer closed all offices during the pandemic. We are 100% remote. Can I apply for the Employer Job Offer Foreign Worker Stream under the OINP? We still have a registered/P.O Box office in Toronto.
https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream#section-4

You need a business premises to work from. Also,

Your employer’s business must have at the time of application submission one of the following:

• at least five full-time employees who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents who work at the location where you will work, or will report to work, if you will work or report to work at a location in the Greater Toronto Area (City of Toronto, Durham, Halton, York and Peel regions)