imansoor

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Guys,

I am in Canada on Open work visa till Sept 2024. I just got job offer in Ontario and started working here.
My wife is student and she will be completing her 2 years of education in Dec 2022.

We are thinking to prepare for OINP PNP stream under:
  • Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream
  • Employer Job Offer: International Student stream

Question 1: I have median wage of $28 but required under this stream is $28.21. Still short by 21 cent, will they accept our application?
Question 2: Since I am working in Canada do we still need to show proof of fund for any of above stream? if yes then how much?
Question 3: Do you think I should wait for 1 year to apply under CEC stream?

Let me know what all of you think. You replies will be highly appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Guys,

I am in Canada on Open work visa till Sept 2024. I just got job offer in Ontario and started working here.
My wife is student and she will be completing her 2 years of education in Dec 2022.

We are thinking to prepare for OINP PNP stream under:
  • Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream
  • Employer Job Offer: International Student stream

Question 1: I have median wage of $28 but required under this stream is $28.21. Still short by 21 cent, will they accept our application?
Question 2: Since I am working in Canada do we still need to show proof of fund for any of above stream? if yes then how much?
Question 3: Do you think I should wait for 1 year to apply under CEC stream?

Let me know what all of you think. You replies will be highly appreciated.
1. Should be okay but a discretion of officer
2. Check OINP for requirements
3. Your choice but if eligible now why wait. So your spouse is eligible for student stream or are you? Does your employer meet eligibility requirement and is willing to support your nomination?

Reactions: imansoor

imansoor

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
3. Your choice but if eligible now why wait. So your spouse is eligible for student stream or are you? Does your employer meet eligibility requirement and is willing to support your nomination?
First of all, thank you for answering my questions..
Regarding point number 3, My wife will be eligible for student stream after Dec 2022.
Why does my employer needs to meet eligibility requirement? I have job offer that is full time and permeant. Its NOC B job. Can you explain further what you mean?

Cheers!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
First of all, thank you for answering my questions..
Regarding point number 3, My wife will be eligible for student stream after Dec 2022.
Why does my employer needs to meet eligibility requirement? I have job offer that is full time and permeant. Its NOC B job. Can you explain further what you mean?

Cheers!
Have you read through the requirements of the OINP stream? Do so. Here are the employer eligibility requirements and the paperwork that they must fill out to support your nomination. There is a checklist for the employer for documentation that must be submitted. Same for student stream as a job offer supported by the employer is mandatory. It is not enough that you have a job offer.

OINP Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream | ontario.ca

imansoor

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Here are the employer eligibility requirements and the paperwork that they must fill out to support your nomination. There is a checklist for the employer for documentation that must be submitted.
Yes I have read them already and since company is multi national I dont thing there is any problem. Thank you so much.

Regarding question 2 I am aware about normal POF if you are applying from your home country. Since I am already in Canada and working, can not find information whether I will need POF or not.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes I have read them already and since company is multi national I dont thing there is any problem. Thank you so much.

Regarding question 2 I am aware about normal POF if you are applying from your home country. Since I am already in Canada and working, can not find information whether I will need POF or not.
So you have to talk to your HR or employer and ask if they are willing to fill out the employer forms. Some companies will not because they do not want to provide financials/hiring practices etc. If you check the employer requirements, they are asked for employee charts, T4 documents of employees, property deeds, business operations outside Canada, number of Canadians/PRs hired, CRA information etc. If it doesn't ask for POF then you don't need it.

Last edited:

suresh320

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012

Apparently, you are misinterpreting what u have read. And when advise is given there is a bit of arrogance to the information. As mentioned, having a job offer is not enough for the program and you will need the support of the company.

I will highly recommend speaking to your manager and or HR who will be able to better advise whether they will help supply the required documents and information for your application. DO not 'ASSUME or THINK' because they are a multinational company in your words. And remember you got a job offer because you are authorize to work in Canada via a WP

Good luck!

farhanai

Jan 28, 2022
Hello everyone,my work permit will expire next year April 2023.i recived invitation from pnp under masters and apllied .iI am waiting for nomination letter.My question with nomination letter is there any chance to extend my workpermit?