+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP, Question about NOI and Marriage

Ibrahimbasha

Oct 11, 2017
Hello all,

Currently, I have an existing EE profile with 420 score, that is created with a sole applicant.

And I am getting married on 26 January. And since I am not gonna be claiming any points for Language and education for my wife to be (for other reasons). My score will decrease to 394.

Now my question is, if I received NOI now and accepted it before actually getting married. would that pose a problem during the nomination process? would they rescind the NOI after informing about status change? and if not, how would I go about this process exactly?

Thanks in advance.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The condition for HCP is clear. You have to maintain your CRS points above 400 until you will submit your federal application. So you better ask your future wife to do the language tests and ECA, or find other way how to get the requested points. Or forget about Ontario HCP all together.

dhanz92

Oct 17, 2018
Hi,
Could you please let me know what you did in your case? I submitted my OINP profile before my wedding and updated OINP about change in family composition now, post the wedding. The application is in DIP stage now. Should I update my express entry profile also immediately or should I wait till I get the nomination from Ontario? My CRS score would decrease due addition of spouse. And this is my concern. Any guidance will be highly highly appreciated. TIA :)

Tanya.talwar90

Jul 14, 2019
Hi,
Could you please let me know what you did in your case? I submitted my OINP profile before my wedding and updated OINP about change in family composition now, post the wedding. The application is in DIP stage now. Should I update my express entry profile also immediately or should I wait till I get the nomination from Ontario? My CRS score would decrease due addition of spouse. And this is my concern. Any guidance will be highly highly appreciated. TIA :)
In a similar situation, could you please help. Addition of spouse is decreasing point by just one but my concern is will getting married just before submitting oinp application and after getting NOI cause any risk to profile being rejected.

dhanz92

Oct 17, 2018
In a similar situation, could you please help. Addition of spouse is decreasing point by just one but my concern is will getting married just before submitting oinp application and after getting NOI cause any risk to profile being rejected.
I submitted my application and added my spouse after I got married when the application was in DIP stage. My application was approved. I am not if it's okay to add after getting NOI and before submitting the application, because the NOI was for you as a single applicant. But after submitting the application, you can inform them as it is a change in your circumstance. Search more on this thread, I hope you get the answer you are looking for.

Tanya.talwar90

Jul 14, 2019
I submitted my application and added my spouse after I got married when the application was in DIP stage. My application was approved. I am not if it's okay to add after getting NOI and before submitting the application, because the NOI was for you as a single applicant. But after submitting the application, you can inform them as it is a change in your circumstance. Search more on this thread, I hope you get the answer you are looking for.
Thanks, it was helpful!

sanyaak

Feb 17, 2024
Hi, could you please tell me whether they recalculated your points after you added your spouse? Also how did you go about the whole process of adding your spouse exactly? I'm in the same situation..I'm getting married and my application is in assessment..so not sure how to go about this