+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Proof of funds - Urgent help

R_CHAUDHARY

Nov 9, 2014
Hi there

Can we show fresh fixed deposit as a proof of funds in OINP or they just want only 6 months bank statememnt?

I showed my 6 month canadian bank statement last year as a proof of fund but now they want me to send the updated bank statement. But right now I am in India and does not have enough balance in my canadian account. So, In what ways can I show proof of funds now from india?
My Father is ready to give me the money and I have only 15 days to revert back. Please suggest me something. Can I show fresh fd on my name or any gift deed?

syedarsalan

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
R_CHAUDHARY said:
Hi there

Can we show fresh fixed deposit as a proof of funds in OINP or they just want only 6 months bank statememnt?

I showed my 6 month canadian bank statement last year as a proof of fund but now they want me to send the updated bank statement. But right now I am in India and does not have enough balance in my canadian account. So, In what ways can I show proof of funds now from india?
My Father is ready to give me the money and I have only 15 days to revert back. Please suggest me something. Can I show fresh fd on my name or any gift deed?
Hello based on my research on this forum.
You need to keep them in your Indian account (money taken from your father) and get a affidavit made for GIFT from your father to you and get it notarized and then send 6 month statement from that bank account.
Affidavit is a must!! for them to be sure that this is YOUR money now and not your DAD's
Hope that has helped

mohsenfar

Star Member
Sep 30, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
18/01/2017
Passport Req..
10/03/17
syedarsalan said:
Hello based on my research on this forum.
You need to keep them in your Indian account (money taken from your father) and get a affidavit made for GIFT from your father to you and get it notarized and then send 6 month statement from that bank account.
Affidavit is a must!! for them to be sure that this is YOUR money now and not your DAD's
Hope that has helped
Would you help me? I have the same situation and have forced to get money from my mother. In addition, I have a fixed deposit in which I have the required amount of money. Does it help me? What is a affidavit like? Would you send a template for a affidavit? I need your urgent help. Thanks in advance

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
Fixed deposit is fine for POF

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
R_CHAUDHARY said:
Hi there

Yes, you can show a fresh FD as POF for OINP.
If this is not your own money, then you need to get a "Gift deed" signed from your father stating that this money is a gift to you and need not be returned.
The currency of your bank account does not matter as long as you can prove that you have the required money (equivalent CAD for immigration) in your bank account or multiple accounts. You can show statements of multiple bank accounts.
The most important thing here is that you show them the source of your funds.

syedarsalan

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
mohsenfar said:
Would you help me? I have the same situation and have forced to get money from my mother. In addition, I have a fixed deposit in which I have the required amount of money. Does it help me? What is a affidavit like? Would you send a template for a affidavit? I need your urgent help. Thanks in advance
Fixed deposit is fine, as long as you don't have someone else as 'joint'