+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Non Tech Draw - 2nd March 2021

SidheshK

May 24, 2021
Hi Sidhesh,

Are you based out of India? Can you initiate the Police Clearance process before getting an ITA?

Thanks in advance!
Hey, apologies for the extremely delayed response.

Yes I reside in India and the police clearance certificate can be obtained without an ITA.

While applying for it, we only need to select the reason as "migration to Canada". No documentary proof is required to show that you are immigrating.
The police clearance certificate can be applied for from the Government of India's passport application website.

Nouvel Espoir

Star Member
Sep 25, 2020
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
06-01-2021
Hey, apologies for the extremely delayed response.

Yes I reside in India and the police clearance certificate can be obtained without an ITA.

While applying for it, we only need to select the reason as "migration to Canada". No documentary proof is required to show that you are immigrating.
The police clearance certificate can be applied for from the Government of India's passport application website.
No worries at all. :) Thanks for your reply. I have initiated the process already.

Bikram95

May 20, 2021
Hey Guys,
I have submitted my OINP application on 1st July but my IELTS is expiring on 14th July. I have already taken my ielts but the results will be out by 24th July.
Can anyone please help me what should I do as next steps?

Maduka

Jul 1, 2021
Hey Guys,
I have submitted my OINP application on 1st July but my IELTS is expiring on 14th July. I have already taken my ielts but the results will be out by 24th July.
Can anyone please help me what should I do as next steps?
I believe that since you submitted before your Ielts will expire then it will be exempted. Although additional 600 points await you.
Again, Its nice that you are taking another Ielts which you can update in your express entry later. So, whether you pass it well or not, you are still getting your nomination.

Bikram95

May 20, 2021
I believe that since you submitted before your Ielts will expire then it will be exempted. Although additional 600 points await you.
Again, Its nice that you are taking another Ielts which you can update in your express entry later. So, whether you pass it well or not, you are still getting your nomination.
Thank you so much for the hope
But I have another quick question. When my ielts will expire my current express entry profile will get expired?
If thats the case, then I have to make a new express entry profile, but my oinp was related the previous file(which get expired due to ielts)
What should I do in such a situation?
How my points will be linked to the new express entry profile?

Maduka

Jul 1, 2021
Thank you so much for the hope
But I have another quick question. When my ielts will expire my current express entry profile will get expired?
If thats the case, then I have to make a new express entry profile, but my oinp was related the previous file(which get expired due to ielts)
What should I do in such a situation?
How my points will be linked to the new express entry profile?
No. Ielts are valid for 2 years and Express Entry profile for 1 year. Although, I don’t know when you created your Express Entry. So, you know better.
OINP e-filling portal is a different application all together. Continue with your application with OINP while you wait for additional 600 points to be added automatically to your Express Entry account.
Meanwhile, what is your NOC?

Bikram95

May 20, 2021
No. Ielts are valid for 2 years and Express Entry profile for 1 year. Although, I don’t know when you created your Express Entry. So, you know better.
OINP e-filling portal is a different application all together. Continue with your application with OINP while you wait for additional 600 points to be added automatically to your Express Entry account.
But doesn’t express profile become ineligible as soon as your ielts get expired and once ielts gets expired, in any case you have to create new express entry profile?
I got my NOI in OINP through Express entry profile under human capital priority stream on 23rd June
My noc is 1122

Maduka

Jul 1, 2021
No. Ielts are valid for 2 years while Express Entry profile for 1 year. However, If your Ielts expires, your EE profile remains. Although, I don’t know when you created your Express Entry. So, you know better.

Maduka

Jul 1, 2021
But doesn’t express profile become ineligible as soon as your ielts get expired and once ielts gets expired, in any case you have to create new express entry profile?
I got my NOI in OINP through Express entry profile under human capital priority stream on 23rd June
My noc is 1122
Okay, I get you. Well, in that case, you may need to contact IRCC to be sure.
In my opinion, if it happens that your EE profile becomes ineligible due to Ielts, you can still create another EE profile then share your new EE profile number and job code to to OINP by email explaining to them what happened. if your new Ielts score is gives you a low CRS score, it doesn’t affect your OINP application because they used your previous CRS score. Whatever the case you will still get 600 points which will reflect in your new EE profile.

NOC is 1111
NOI : June 23rd
Submitted: June 30th
Assessment: Nil
DIP: Nil
Nomination: Nil

Pruegrey

May 30, 2021
Hi folks residing in India'.. those of you who applied for PCC.. how long did it take? Mine came out in the 9 th June draw and I applied fo Police clearance on 1st July.. stil awaiting it:confused:

Nouvel Espoir

Star Member
Sep 25, 2020
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
06-01-2021
Hi folks residing in India'.. those of you who applied for PCC.. how long did it take? Mine came out in the 9 th June draw and I applied fo Police clearance on 1st July.. stil awaiting it:confused:
It took us exactly 7 days (no address change though).

Reactions: Pruegrey