+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP NOMINATION FOR JANUARY '2016

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
warsan2416 said:
Does one need to have a bachelor degree or higher to get OINP under human priorities stream? I have little over 400 points and a diploma from Ontario will that qualify for an OINP? Thanks
The minimum education requirement is a Bachelors degree. I'm sorry but you cannot apply with only a diploma!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Mechanical Engg said:
My wife just received the below message last night.Can anybody confirm is this a nomination from OINP.And, if it is the OINP then they have written below to contact OINP, so I want to know by which link I should contact them, is it by sending documents within 45 days or by any other mode.

Ontario would like to consider you under their Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

Dear HARMEET KAUR,

The Government of Ontario is interested in considering you for nomination under its Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) through Express Entry.

If you want Ontario to consider you for nomination under its PNP you must contact Ontario directly after receiving this letter. Note that this letter of interest is not a guarantee that you will be nominated by Ontario. You will first have to satisfy Ontario that you meet the requirements of their program.

You can find general information about each province or territory's PNP program on the CIC website. You will also find a link to Ontario's PNP requirements and contact information.

General information:

If a province or territory nominates you through Express Entry and you accept the PNP nomination you will be allocated an additional 600 points in the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System. This means you will likely receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence under the Provincial Nominee Program.

If you accept a nomination, you are indicating to both Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and that provincial or territorial jurisdiction that you intend to live in that province or territory and that you will comply with any other provincial or territorial program requirements.

Once you accept a nomination, your profile will no longer be visible to other provinces and territories, so you will not be considered for nomination by other jurisdictions. You will also not be considered for federal economic programs in Express Entry.

If a province or territory nominates you and you decline the PNP nomination, you will not be invited to apply under Ontario's nominee program.

It is possible to be nominated by more than one province or territory, but you may only accept one nomination.

If you decline the nomination, you will stay in the Express Entry pool of candidates. You will still be eligible to receive invitations to apply under the federal immigration programs (Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or Canadian Experience Class). As well, other provinces and territories (if applicable) will be able to see your profile for future consideration.

You are not obligated to:

contact a province or territory that is interested in you, or
accept a nomination from a province or territory.

However, if you do not accept a nomination, there is no guarantee that you will be nominated by another province or territory, or that you will be invited to apply under a federal economic program in Express Entry.

A PNP nomination does not guarantee that you are eligible for permanent residence. The final decision to issue a visa or other document for permanent residence rests with CIC.
Me2canada2016 said:
I did receive the same letter/message yesterday. Have you started with the process? May be we can assist each other for sending the application. Do ping me on +17063514507
MikeVos said:
@lockhead1983, I am fairly new to this as well... Did you select only Ontario on your Express Entry application? We were advised to only select Ontario to show that we want to live there only and therefore get noticed by the province (shows your intent). We received a nomination 3 days after submitting with 400 points.

Hope this helps!
Guys, guys, guys! This is not nomination. This is just an interest letter. You have to submit a complete application package within 45 days of receipt of PT to be considered for nomination.

You need not contact anybody. You "accept" the interest letter (PT) by sending them a complete application package within the stipulated time.

Good luck and all the very best!!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
canadaasp said:
Hi all,
Anybody can give me an idea about how long will it take(how many months) to get our nomination from Ontario after we receive a PT notification of interest and applying for the same right away
For FSW applicants, it currently is taking 10 weeks to get an AOR and probably 6+ weeks after that to get a nomination.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
MikeVos said:
@lockhead1983, I am fairly new to this as well... Did you select only Ontario on your Express Entry application? We were advised to only select Ontario to show that we want to live there only and therefore get noticed by the province (shows your intent). We received a nomination 3 days after submitting with 400 points.

Hope this helps!
It doesn't matter if you choose only Ontario or you choose multiple provinces that includes Ontario. As long as Ontario is on the list, you are good to go!!

canadaasp

Jan 13, 2016
WAITING FOR 6 MONTHS OF BANK STATEMENTS

Hi all,
As I have to submit 6 months of upto date bank statements for OINP I just put the deposit in the bank.So do I have to wait till atleast July 30 to apply for nomination??That is a long wait.Can anyone give an opinion?

dansousa

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Hi guys,

Just a clarification...

The letter says:
"
f you want Ontario to consider you for nomination under its PNP you must contact Ontario directly after receiving this letter. "

Does the contact mean call or email, or is it just "send me your documents"??

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
dansousa said:
Hi guys,

Just a clarification...

The letter says:
"
f you want Ontario to consider you for nomination under its PNP you must contact Ontario directly after receiving this letter. "

Does the contact mean call or email, or is it just "send me your documents"??

Thanks
The latter.

dineshsingh2004

Feb 27, 2016
avirk0172 said:
Dear I just want to know whether anybody have received nomination from Ontario in january 2016.
I have submitted my wife profile in Express entry pool with 405 points.But still no invitation has been received.
So, I just want to know that anybody got nomination for ontario in the new yrar 2016.
Even I am waiting for Ontario nomination with 434 score

Arian_UD

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone created a EE profile in Feb 2016 and received PT from Ontario?

Arian_UD

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
michel_hammamet said:
Me created 27 Feb. Ontario EOI 29 Feb. Score 346. Francophone stream.
Thank you for your quick response. All the best with the rest of the process :)

shiladitya146

Apr 29, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I have to 2 questions if any of you could kindly answer.

1) I have not received PT nomination. I submitted my profile on 21st April 2016. My CRS score is 432. What might be case?

2) Job Match not producing relevant matches. Matches are rare and few. My NOC code is 1112.

Thanks in advance,
Shiladitya

amaiyar

Nov 14, 2012
shiladitya146 said:
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I have to 2 questions if any of you could kindly answer.

1) I have not received PT nomination. I submitted my profile on 21st April 2016. My CRS score is 432. What might be case?

2) Job Match not producing relevant matches. Matches are rare and few. My NOC code is 1112.

Thanks in advance,
Shiladitya

Hi Shiladitya. Ontario stopped sening PT notification of interest on Feb 2016. You will have to wait for a while..maybe till Nov/Dec . Meanwhile, continue your job hunt in regular canadian portals such as monster/Indeed. If you get a job, then you get 600 points added, which is the same as if you get territorial nomination points.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
amaiyar said:
Hi Shiladitya. Ontario stopped sening PT notification of interest on Feb 2016. You will have to wait for a while..maybe till Nov/Dec . Meanwhile, continue your job hunt in regular canadian portals such as monster/Indeed. If you get a job, then you get 600 points added, which is the same as if you get territorial nomination points.
Please note that not any job will give you 600 points. The job offer has to be backed by a positive LMIA which is very hard to get. Employers, obviously, would be willing to hire someone from the already existing pool of immigrants and citizens in Canada because they would be readily available for work. You, on the other hand, do not have authorization to work in Canada and would take months for you to join the company.

Retaking IELTS and getting a CLB 9 to improve CRS or managing to secure a PNP are more practical options.

kgautam

May 31, 2016
Hello,

is Ontario giving aor to every applicant with proper documentation ? or only for selected job codes /?