+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP NOI - JAN 27

Syy

Jul 11, 2019
I got a letter of interest from Ontario EE under Skilled Trades on 27th Jan. But I don't qualify for the program as per the eligibility criteria! Requires experience in Ontario but my job was in BC. Are they just sending out ITAs to people without actually checking their profile ? -.- got me all excited for a few minutes .. although I never expected an ita from OINP anyway. Guess I'll just have to decline it and move on T_T
Anyone else in my situation ?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I got a letter of interest from Ontario EE under Skilled Trades on 27th Jan. But I don't qualify for the program as per the eligibility criteria! Requires experience in Ontario but my job was in BC. Are they just sending out ITAs to people without actually checking their profile ? -.- got me all excited for a few minutes .. although I never expected an ita from OINP anyway. Guess I'll just have to decline it and move on T_T
I have no idea about the trades stream but you should check the requirements again. I don't think another province matters as long as you prove that you will move to Ontario but I could be wrong.

singhno

Jan 12, 2022
Yes, they send and later reject if you dont qualify. EOI is not a guarantee for an NOI

Syy

Jul 11, 2019
no harm in contacting the OINP as well
This is their reply :

Hello,

Thank you for your correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).

You must have:

• at least one year of cumulative paid full-time work experience (or the equivalent in paid part-time work) in Ontario in a skilled trade that is listed in Minor Group 633 or Major Groups 72, 73 or 82 of the National Occupational Classification (NOC)
Your work experience must have been:

• obtained within the last two years from the date of submitting your application to the OINP
  • in one or more of the occupations that you identified in your Express Entry profile
  • in Ontario while maintaining legal status in Canada

If you receive a notification of interest from Ontario, you do not need to contact the program before applying. Once you receive a notification of interest, you may proceed directly to the OINP e-Filing Portal to submit an application.

Please note that your notification of interest will not indicate the stream under which you qualify. It is your responsibility to review the results of each draw to determine which stream to apply under. A notification of interest does not guarantee that you meet OINP stream criteria or that your application will be approved.