+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP | NOI | Human capital priority stream application query

venkataSivudu

Oct 27, 2022
I got NOI letter as part of OINP Tech draw on May5th. While filling out the OINP application form, I'm a bit confused about filling Education history details.

A little bit about my education background.

I have completed M.Tech from India and I got ECA from WES with the Canadian equivalency Master's degree. Similarly, I have done bachelors from India(no ECA as I got ECA for my M.Tech).

In the online application form it is given like "List all post-secondary education and/or apprenticeships. In addition, list any secondary education (i.e. high school) completed in Canada only. Start with your most recent education. "

Does that mean, I have to enter only M.Tech details ?

Is it fine to add my bachelors and 12th class details that I have completed in India?

Can you please share your experience with if you have already done OINP application.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I got NOI letter as part of OINP Tech draw on May5th. While filling out the OINP application form, I'm a bit confused about filling Education history details.

I have completed M.Tech from India and I got ECA from WES with the Canadian equivalency Master's degree. Similarly, I have done bachelors from India(no ECA as I got ECA for my M.Tech).

In the online application form it is given like "List all post-secondary education and/or apprenticeships. In addition, list any secondary education (i.e. high school) completed in Canada only. Start with your most recent education. "

Is it fine to add my bachelors and 12th class details that I have completed in India?

Can you please share your experience with if you have already done OINP application.
Ues even though one has ECA for the highest degree, you have to list your whole education timeline.

venkataSivudu

Oct 27, 2022
@Taran D
Okay. But it was clearly mentioned like this know "In addition, list any secondary education (i.e. high school) completed in Canada only. Start with your most recent education. " It was mentioned the I need to add secondary education only If I have the degree from Canada.

Even I wish to add my education details until 10th class. However, I became sceptical after reading this instruction to add my secondary education ( that is, bachelors to 10th class).

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
@Taran D
Okay. But it was clearly mentioned like this know "In addition, list any secondary education (i.e. high school) completed in Canada only. Start with your most recent education. " It was mentioned the I need to add secondary education only If I have the degree from Canada.

Even I wish to add my education details until 10th class. However, I became sceptical after reading this instruction to add my secondary education ( that is, bachelors to 10th class).
Ok if the instructions says so just mention the Canadian one.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019

If you don't have an ECA report for your Bachelor's then don't include it in Education History otherwise system will keep generating an error if you add it and say "no" to ECA. However, you can mention your Bachelor's in "Other Activities" section if it comes under the last 10 years of history and support it with a LOE.

venkataSivudu

Oct 27, 2022
If you don't have an ECA report for your Bachelor's then don't include it in Education History otherwise system will keep generating an error if you add it and say "no" to ECA. However, you can mention your Bachelor's in "Other Activities" section if it comes under the last 10 years of history and support it with a LOE.
Okay. Makes sense. Thank you for the advice.

I have one more question on the proof of funds letter.

I have savings account and I will get a letter from the bank for that. Additionally, I have some invested in Mutual funds and some saved as EPF

Is it fine to submit 3 letters summing up to the required POF. One from bank, another from Mutual funds entity, and another EPF passbook ?

Also, I'm married, but we do not have any joint account. Is it fine to shows all the funds only in my account ?

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Okay. Makes sense. Thank you for the advice.

I have one more question on the proof of funds letter.

I have savings account and I will get a letter from the bank for that. Additionally, I have some invested in Mutual funds and some saved as EPF

Is it fine to submit 3 letters summing up to the required POF. One from bank, another from Mutual funds entity, and another EPF passbook ?

Also, I'm married, but we do not have any joint account. Is it fine to shows all the funds only in my account ?
Yes. As long as the official documents mention that the funds are immediately transferable especially the ones in Mutual funds, EPF, FD etc.

Further, funds can be entirely under the name of main applicant /spouse or jointly held.

ciaobellea

May 15, 2023
Hello Everyone!

I just received NOI last May 8 for Human Capital - Health. I came in Canada last 2019 as International Student. I applied for PGWP April 2021. We had it extended due to the public policy til October 2022. So my current situation is I'm out of status as of the moment but have already applied for restoration. I tried applying for the extension thinking I was eligible but was refused. After I received the refusal letter Feb 2023, I applied for the Restoration as Visitor and is still pending. Is there any problem in my situation? Do I currently have a legal status in Canada, yes or no?