+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP master stream with common law partner

zoiiz

Feb 28, 2022
Hi,

I am graduating from master’s soon and have a job offer for NOC A occupation. I am applying for the traditional OINO master stream. I want to include my common law partner with me and have a couple of questions:
1. We did lived together over a year but have no legal evidence except for photos, transactions, chat history, online orders, travel tickets and other people’s words. We have been physically separated since Sep 2021 when I came back for school. She couldn’t come as we had no financial means. We cannot get married as same sex marriage in our home country is not allowed. Therefore going with common law. How likely would they deem that we are indeed a common law couple?
2. Fo her to arrive sooner, she is filing a study permit application in which she indicated herself as single and I did the same in my tax return. This is to eliminate illegal stay suspicion. Would it be a problem if this doesn’t work out, I try to change my tax return marital status to common law and her including a letter of explanation when she’s accompanying me in the oink and later or application?
3. If they wouldn’t accept our common law relationship or our modifications in marital status, is it possible that both me and my partner got refused for oinp and later pr?
4. If 3 happens, would it be okay for me to apply for oinp and pr again indicating a single status and later sponsor my partner?

Thank you very much! Appreciate your time!!