+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP International Student Stream

Harman221

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
I recently received an invitation to participate in the International Student Stream. I am currently in the process of completing the application and have a few questions. I would greatly appreciate any assistance.
  1. I am currently working on the section regarding my work history. Do I need to include all my work experiences, including part-time jobs, or only those experiences for which I am claiming points? Additionally, I currently work as a delivery driver at a pizza store and previously worked as an Uber driver for a few months. My primary job has been continuous for nearly two years and I am claiming points for it.
  2. I'm a Computer Programming(Co-op) Diploma holder with 2 Co-ops 4 months each. My job is in the 2175 or 21234 NOC code and my job duties are similar to my NOC, but when I check Employment requirements on the NOC website it states that:
    • A bachelor's degree, usually in computer science, computer programming, web development or software engineering or completion of a college program in computer science or related field is usually required.
    • Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.
  3. When I check the clarification of the NOC website for Usually Required it shows this ("Is usually required" means that the qualification is generally expressed as required by a majority of employers, but not always mandatory.), hopefully, this is gonna be in my favour I assume.
  4. I have a 1-year certificate course from India, I enrolled in this course just because my student visa got refused in 2017 and I was free. It was like a certificate or crash course that has no value to it, it just covers my gap in education, should I show this in the OINP file now (I showed it to immigration when I applied for a student visa in 2019 as my gap was covered by this certificate course).

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
I recently received an invitation to participate in the International Student Stream. I am currently in the process of completing the application and have a few questions. I would greatly appreciate any assistance.
  1. I am currently working on the section regarding my work history. Do I need to include all my work experiences, including part-time jobs, or only those experiences for which I am claiming points? Additionally, I currently work as a delivery driver at a pizza store and previously worked as an Uber driver for a few months. My primary job has been continuous for nearly two years and I am claiming points for it.
  2. I'm a Computer Programming(Co-op) Diploma holder with 2 Co-ops 4 months each. My job is in the 2175 or 21234 NOC code and my job duties are similar to my NOC, but when I check Employment requirements on the NOC website it states that:
    • A bachelor's degree, usually in computer science, computer programming, web development or software engineering or completion of a college program in computer science or related field is usually required.
  3. When I check the clarification of the NOC website for Usually Required it shows this ("Is usually required" means that the qualification is generally expressed as required by a majority of employers, but not always mandatory.), hopefully, this is gonna be in my favour I assume.
  4. I have a 1-year certificate course from India, I enrolled in this course just because my student visa got refused in 2017 and I was free. It was like a certificate or crash course that has no value to it, it just covers my gap in education, should I show this in the OINP file now (I showed it to immigration when I applied for a student visa in 2019 as my gap was covered by this certificate course).
Here's what I did for mine:

1. Yes, I included all my work experiences. I worked part time at Tim Hortons on campus, as well as peer tutor (also on campus). My primary job is Computer Network Technician (NOC 2281).
2. I am Computer Programming (2yr) diploma holder. But my NOC is 2281, Computer Network Technician.
3. Did not have any problem with diploma on programming but job is computer network technician.
4. I included all my post secondary studies (including those degrees I did not finish)

I got my OINP nomination last March 2022. The only issue I had (if you can call it that) is when Ontario Immigration questioned the difference between my current salary rate from latest paystub to the one stated in my offer letter more than a year prior. I had several salary increase because of our collective bargaining agreement (I am unionized). This despite having submitted our bargaining agreement in my OINP application.

Best of luck to your application!

Reactions: Harman221

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Congratulations for the invite.

1) I believe, this was already answered. In case you missed it, let me repeat: you have to show your complete employment history to OINP. However, you can move the additional or part-time experiences into "Other Activities" section.

2) Employment requirements doesn't have to be followed strictly.

4) keep the information consistent with your past immigration applications. Again, "Other Activities" section is specifically for such activities.

Shantanu Ade

Oct 12, 2021
Just curious if you have submitted the PR application and would like to know if you received an AOR.
I submitted my OINP application on 29th Jan, on 14 Apr received PNP.
On 20 Jun applied for nonEE PR.

Harman221

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
Just curious if you have submitted the PR application and would like to know if you received an AOR.
You can find my profile timeline under my profile's signature.

Thank you.

Oct 26, 2023

1) I believe, this was already answered. In case you missed it, let me repeat: you have to show your complete employment history to OINP. However, you can move the additional or part-time experiences into "Other Activities" section.

4) keep the information consistent with your past immigration applications. Again, "Other Activities" section is specifically for such activities.

Hey,

I am planing to apply through OINP international student stream but I have some questions could you please help me?

1. You must continue to be employed in the approved employment position during the nomination period (i.e. until you receive permanent residence). This means that your terms of employment must remain consistent throughout the nomination period. This includes your:
    • employer
    • position title and duties
    • wage
    • hours of work
    • work location
This is the information that I found under the OINP international Student Stream

I hope this message finds you well. I recently reviewed the guidelines for the OINP International Student Stream and have a few questions that I would appreciate your assistance with:

1. Nomination Period Explanation: I'm seeking clarification regarding the "nomination period" mentioned in the OINP guidelines. Could you please provide a detailed explanation? I'm a bit confused about whether this refers to the time until I receive the nomination certificate and notification letter or the time until I receive permanent residence status.

2. Layoff During Non-Express Entry PR Application Processing: In the unfortunate event that my employer lays me off after I have received the nomination certificate and notification letter but before my PR application is processed, do I need to inform your team? And would such a circumstance potentially lead to my PR application being rejected?

3. Changing Employers in Ontario ( incase employer will lay off me): If I were to switch employers and join a new company within Ontario while my PR application is in progress, would I still remain eligible for the PR application under the OINP International Student Stream?

Oct 26, 2023
Hey,

I am planing to apply through OINP international student stream but I have some questions could you please help me?

1. You must continue to be employed in the approved employment position during the nomination period (i.e. until you receive permanent residence). This means that your terms of employment must remain consistent throughout the nomination period. This includes your:
    • employer
    • wage
    • hours of work
    • work location
This is the information that I found under the OINP international Student Stream

I hope this message finds you well. I recently reviewed the guidelines for the OINP International Student Stream and have a few questions that I would appreciate your assistance with:

1. Nomination Period Explanation: I'm seeking clarification regarding the "nomination period" mentioned in the OINP guidelines. Could you please provide a detailed explanation? I'm a bit confused about whether this refers to the time until I receive the nomination certificate and notification letter or the time until I receive permanent residence status.

2. Layoff During Non-Express Entry PR Application Processing: In the unfortunate event that my employer lays me off after I have received the nomination certificate and notification letter but before my PR application is processed, do I need to inform your team? And would such a circumstance potentially lead to my PR application being rejected?

3. Changing Employers in Ontario ( incase employer will lay off me): If I were to switch employers and join a new company within Ontario while my PR application is in progress, would I still remain eligible for the PR application under the OINP International Student Stream?

Oct 26, 2023

Hey,

• employer
    • wage
    • hours of work
    • work location

Shantanu Ade

Oct 12, 2021
Hi

1. Nomination period lasts until you receive your PR.
2. You are obliged to inform OINP if you lose job. (This is aslo mentioned on your nomination letter)
Plus they send one letter to employer when you receive nomination. In that letter they ask the employer to inform them the same.
So, its best to inform OINP since they may learn about this from your employer as well.
Having said that, provinces generally give you two months time to look for new job and issue you another nomination after securing one.
If you have Open work permit (PGWP), you can immediately join the next employer. But if you have close work permit, you have to apply for "chaning conditions on your work permit" and wait till they give you new permit. (This can only be done, if your employer lays you off. If you resign on your own, you won't be eligible for this.)
3. You can switch employers with open work permit. But you may lose your PNP nomination. However you an reapply for the same under new employer.

All the best with your PR journey!

Reactions: ridhamshah1025
Oct 26, 2023
Hi

1. Nomination period lasts until you receive your PR.
2. You are obliged to inform OINP if you lose job. (This is aslo mentioned on your nomination letter)
Plus they send one letter to employer when you receive nomination. In that letter they ask the employer to inform them the same.
So, its best to inform OINP since they may learn about this from your employer as well.
Having said that, provinces generally give you two months time to look for new job and issue you another nomination after securing one.
If you have Open work permit (PGWP), you can immediately join the next employer. But if you have close work permit, you have to apply for "chaning conditions on your work permit" and wait till they give you new permit. (This can only be done, if your employer lays you off. If you resign on your own, you won't be eligible for this.)
3. You can switch employers with open work permit. But you may lose your PNP nomination. However you an reapply for the same under new employer.

All the best with your PR journey!
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I am bit confused here. I have PGWP work permit for 3 years. As you mentioned in point two if my employer will lay off me (*During my non express PR Application processing) then I have two months to get a new job. That means my PR application won't be rejected?

in Point 3 I want to ask the same thing as above, I received my nomination letter that I am eligible to apply through non express entry application. Then I applied for my PR application and I received my AOR and after that my employer lay off me in that scenario I will update OINP and then they will give me two months to find another field job?