+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - International student stream

upasikpatla

Apr 4, 2023
Hi. I received my OINP nomination today under International Graduate student stream. I received all the supporting or Necessary documents through email from the Ontario Nominee Program.
However, I have no message on my existing EE profile that I have received the nomination. What should I do? Should I make a new EE profile where I declare I have a nomination?
Do people usually get message in there EE profile once they receive the nomination? I have heard a few people talking that they had 30 days to accept or decline the nomination in their EE profile.
Did anybody who got nomination in the recent past, help me with this question?

Thanks

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hi. I received my OINP nomination today under International Graduate student stream. I received all the supporting or Necessary documents through email from the Ontario Nominee Program.
However, I have no message on my existing EE profile that I have received the nomination. What should I do? Should I make a new EE profile where I declare I have a nomination?
Do people usually get message in there EE profile once they receive the nomination? I have heard a few people talking that they had 30 days to accept or decline the nomination in their EE profile.

Thanks
The OINP International Student Stream is non-EE aligned. If you check your Confirmation of Nomination, you will see this paragraph just right below the table showing the details of your nomination:

This letter confirms that you have been nominated for the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program. You must apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) using a paper application form. Please note this nomination is not valid for Express Entry.

May6697

Feb 28, 2023

Thanks
Are you from Master Graduate stream or International Student with Job offer stream ?

kindly share your timeline.

thanks

April@

Apr 27, 2021
Hi. I got a full-time job offer and signed the employment contract. I will start working in the next 2-3 months.
Can I apply for International Student with a Job offer stream before I start working?

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hi. I got a full-time job offer and signed the employment contract. I will start working in the next 2-3 months.
Can I apply for International Student with a Job offer stream before I start working?
According to the Ontario Immigration website, the job offer must be effective on the day of your nomination or on the date you obtain a work permit and begin working:

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-international-student-stream
===========================
Job offer requirements
To qualify under the Employer Job Offer: International Student stream, you must have a job offer in Ontario from an employer that meets the following requirements.

Please refer to section 4 of Ontario Regulation 422/17 and the Employer Guide for more details on each requirement.

Important: In order for your application to be approved, the job offer must be effective the date that you are nominated by the OINP, if you are already working for the employer in the approved employment position; or if you are not, on the date you obtain a work permit and begin working in the approved employment position. This means that your employer must adhere to the terms and conditions in the job offer and begin paying you the approved wage once you are nominated and begin working.
===========================

You can call the Ontario Immigration to clarify, they are very accommodating based from my experience with them.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So your employer signed the OINP employment forms, and meets eligibility requirements and is willing to support your nomination. See the employer checklists.

https://www.ontario.ca/document/oinp-document-checklists/employer-job-offer-international-student-stream-applicant-checklist