+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - International student stream

jjhernan

Star Member
Jul 17, 2022
I also thought of hiring one but they charge a lot of money
Yes, they are not cheap, you can make it by yourself but there are many unknown things that can make your application not easy to read for the Immigration officer and it could generate delays, for me get a Immigration Lawyer is peace on mind that all paperwork will be ok for the officers, but sure.. I need to pay for that.

robin1995

Nov 19, 2020
1. ITA - March 1, 2022
2. Application submitted: March 8, 2022
3. Assessment: May 30, 2022
4. DIP: June 14, 2022
5. Received the nomination today :) after I asked here

Hi I have completed my postgraduate diploma for two years and have applied post graduate work permit. Also, i have found full time noc b role in rogers as technical support representative which noc 2282 and i have got general ielts clb 7 .I am interested in OINP international Student Stream would you be tell me what sort of documents are needed from employer and do they usually provide those documents as i have got everything but confused

jjhernan

Star Member
Jul 17, 2022
Hi @robin1995 congratulations to get a new job and finished the college. About the OINP you will need a Immigration from signed by your employer and they have to meet some financial criterial to be eligible, meet the minimal wage, and depends of the scoring are the chances to be nominated soon, take a look here https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-international-student-stream#section-0 for more details, it's the official OINP International Student Stream, let me know if you need more help, I can help based on my experience,

Good luck!

Reactions: nancyarora

nancyarora

Star Member
Jun 7, 2022
Hi @nancyarora, I am in the process of applying for federal. By the way, it is very likely that I am getting invited to the express entry CEC draw based on my CRS score. Not sure, what should I follow!
Did you get the invitation in the last draw?
Also, Do you think the teer system change will affect my nomination if I don’t apply before that?

ccccssssllll

Nov 15, 2022
Hi guys! I'm actually still confused on how the OINP - International Student Stream works. Please clarify me if I'm wrong but this is what I understood from what I've researched so far. The OINP - International Student Stream is another stream to get my PR which is not aligned with my express entry stream i.e it would not give me additional points. Thus, I would technically pay to apply for this OINP stream and if I get approved, it means I get my permanent residence (I'm assuming it's just like the express entry where I pay to apply and if I get approved, I get my PR status)?

I've expressed my interest yesterday for OINP which has a score of 80. I'm wondering will this stream give me a higher chance than the express entry stream? Unfortunately my CRS score for the express entry stream is only 421 and I'm wondering which stream should I choose (if they are two different pathways for me to get my PR status as I understood as above)?

nancyarora

Star Member
Jun 7, 2022
Hi guys! I'm actually still confused on how the OINP - International Student Stream works. Please clarify me if I'm wrong but this is what I understood from what I've researched so far. The OINP - International Student Stream is another stream to get my PR which is not aligned with my express entry stream i.e it would not give me additional points. Thus, I would technically pay to apply for this OINP stream and if I get approved, it means I get my permanent residence (I'm assuming it's just like the express entry where I pay to apply and if I get approved, I get my PR status)?

I've expressed my interest yesterday for OINP which has a score of 80. I'm wondering will this stream give me a higher chance than the express entry stream? Unfortunately my CRS score for the express entry stream is only 421 and I'm wondering which stream should I choose (if they are two different pathways for me to get my PR status as I understood as above)?
Hey
The process is different with OINP. Since it is not aligned with express entry, you will have to apply for federal if you get approved under OINP.
As you have already expressed my interest, now you will have to wait for OINP draw and wait for your invitation. If you get the invitation, you will get 14 days to submit your documents which are required, and wait for your nomination. Once you get the nomination, you will apply for federal to get your PR. You will have to pay the fees twice. First for the OINP nomination and second for the federal. I hope I was able to answer your questions. Good luck for the draw

Last edited:

ccccssssllll

Nov 15, 2022
Hey
The process is different with OINP. Since it is not aligned with express entry, you will have to apply for federal if you get approved under OINP.
As you have already expressed my interest, now you will have to wait for OINP draw and wait for your invitation. If you get the invitation, you will get 14 days to submit your documents which are required, and wait for your nomination. Once you get the nomination, you will apply for federal to get your PR. You will have to pay the fees twice. First for the OINP nomination and second for the federal. I hope I was able to answer your questions. Good luck for the draw
Hi @nancyarora, thank you so much for your reply! That clears up my confusion.