+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP International Student Stream ITA February 8th

pimpsquek

Feb 4, 2015
Did they call you employer for verification? If so then what did they ask?
I think they do not call the employer for verification, but they verify the employer form with the details inputed by the employer. They can verify it via Tax Number given by the employer and records of the company.

But I have seen a fellow OINP applicant from the same company that I am working with, OINP emailed the signed person on the Employer Form. OINP asked questions about the change of salary (it increased) during the assessment-DIP stage.

pimpsquek

Feb 4, 2015
Great! I've also submitted on Feb 20, but still it's on 'submitted' status.
Were you applicable on the General or targeted Health/Tech draw?

I guess, it makes the difference in where you qualified and how fast they review your application.

I was in Health for the Feb. 8 draw.

Pc111

Mar 22, 2024
I think they do not call the employer for verification, but they verify the employer form with the details inputed by the employer. They can verify it via Tax Number given by the employer and records of the company.

But I have seen a fellow OINP applicant from the same company that I am working with, OINP emailed the signed person on the Employer Form. OINP asked questions about the change of salary (it increased) during the assessment-DIP stage.
Thanks! That's very helpful. But how do they come to know about the salary increase? Do we have to inform them?

s.raj

Mar 21, 2024
Were you applicable on the General or targeted Health/Tech draw?

I guess, it makes the difference in where you qualified and how fast they review your application.

I was in Health for the Feb. 8 draw.
Mine is GENERAL.
But the other two, knowing persons who got invitation on Feb 8 on general got nominated this week. So, I thought it's based on submitting date, but not sure.

What's your timeline? please.

pimpsquek

Feb 4, 2015
Mine is GENERAL.
But the other two, knowing persons who got invitation on Feb 8 on general got nominated this week. So, I thought it's based on submitting date, but not sure.

What's your timeline? please.
Maybe you are right too, we'll see the next coming weeks if there is any update.

Here is my timeline:
ITA: 8/Feb/24 | Submitted: 14/Feb/24 | Assessment: 1/Mar/24 | DIP: 18/Mar/24 | NOM: -

Pc111

Mar 22, 2024
Right? Mine is so fast too. I got DIP on 12th or 13th of March and nomination on 20th.
Hi,
Did they call your employer?
The reason why I'm asking this is because my manager is on vacation and I'm worried if it can delay my processing time.

pimpsquek

Feb 4, 2015
Hi,
Did they call your employer?
The reason why I'm asking this is because my manager is on vacation and I'm worried if it can delay my processing time.
I know someone who OINP contact with, they did it via email. On the Employer Form, the person who signed to be the contact person, they will email it if they need to ask something.
They contacted the Employee Relations Manager because of the wage change.

maiconmarcon

Feb 23, 2024
I saw a signature from one OINP International Student Stream applicant, from DIP to Nomination only 15 days.
He is also from Feb. 8 ITA. I think it is the fastest Nomination I've seen so far :)
Yes, quite fast!!
Yours is not bad at all too!

Mine changed to Assessment on the 18th of March.

Seems like they are taking extra care in Student Streams applications :)

Reactions: pimpsquek

sureshK001

Apr 15, 2021
Maybe you are right too, we'll see the next coming weeks if there is any update.

Here is my timeline:
ITA: 8/Feb/24 | Submitted: 14/Feb/24 | Assessment: 1/Mar/24 | DIP: 18/Mar/24 | NOM: -
do they send an email when they assess your application (before DIP)?