+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - International student stream - Feb 08 2024

vinesh3003

Jan 4, 2024
You can have EE Profile created and get into the pool. Once you receive OINP nomination, you can update the profile with nomination. this will fetch you 600 additional points for your CRS score.
Applying PR through EE is faster and easier , when compared to non-EE . 5Months Vs 13 months
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Check this and see if you are eligble , if so goahead and create the EE Profile. Don't Wait!!
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility.html
Thank you for your reply..My OINP application status is still DIP and I got refusal for PGWP extension application so I don't have a worker status in Canada, although I do have valid visitor visa. Any suggestions for how to handle the situation? Do I need to inform OINP about my immigration status and also since I will not longer be able to work the employer letter holds any good? How does it impact the OINP application? Look forward to hearing from you guys as it's quite stressful situation for me.

av_ganesh

Star Member
Sep 23, 2022
Thank you for your reply..My OINP application status is still DIP and I got refusal for PGWP extension application so I don't have a worker status in Canada, although I do have valid visitor visa. Any suggestions for how to handle the situation? Do I need to inform OINP about my immigration status and also since I will not longer be able to work the employer letter holds any good? How does it impact the OINP application? Look forward to hearing from you guys as it's quite stressful situation for me.
Having a valid visitor visa is maintaining status. Apply for visitor record, in your GCKey account. During the OINP process maintaining the status is important. you can expect DIP to go into approved status anytime. So wait patiently. Once approved , first thing you do is apply for work permit using the nomination. For now collect all the required documents for Workpermit. All the best.

vinesh3003

Jan 4, 2024
Having a valid visitor visa is maintaining status. Apply for visitor record, in your GCKey account. During the OINP process maintaining the status is important. you can expect DIP to go into approved status anytime. So wait patiently. Once approved , first thing you do is apply for work permit using the nomination. For now collect all the required documents for Workpermit. All the best.
Thank you for the quick response. What do you mean by visitor record? I applied for TRV last year and received valid visitor visa on passport until 2028. I also tried flagpole yesterday for work permit after refusal, and the officer stamped my passport as a visitor entry. Is that sufficient? Also I did score points for having a valid work permit status at the time of EOI and application submission, do I lose points for it? I cannot work so should I inform OINP about my work permit status?

roshii94

Mar 1, 2024
Any update (change in status) on the files submitted after Feb 20, 2024.

Below is my timeline:

OINP International Student Stream
ITA: 8/Feb/24
| Submitted: 21/Feb/24 | Still in submitted status as of today.

Reactions: KemLin

av_ganesh

Star Member
Sep 23, 2022
Thank you for the quick response. What do you mean by visitor record? I applied for TRV last year and received valid visitor visa on passport until 2028. I also tried flagpole yesterday for work permit after refusal, and the officer stamped my passport as a visitor entry. Is that sufficient? Also I did score points for having a valid work permit status at the time of EOI and application submission, do I lose points for it? I cannot work so should I inform OINP about my work permit status?
As long as you have a valid visa in your passport, you are good. visitor entry stamp holds good. you are good for 6 months.

Reactions: vinesh3003

mohan24

Mar 14, 2024
Hi, I received the invite for OINP student stream on March 12th. My employer filled the employer form and giving current working letter but in current working letter they are not adding my duties and responsibilities. Can someone please advise what can be done at this point? Even my original offer letter doesn't have the duties and resposibility. Please help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I received the invite for OINP student stream on March 12th. My employer filled the employer form and giving current working letter but in current working letter they are not adding my duties and responsibilities. Can someone please advise what can be done at this point? Even my original offer letter doesn't have the duties and resposibility. Please help.
duplicate post.

Milesh

Jan 13, 2024
Hey guys,
I also got the invitation for ONIP international student stream on 8th feb 2024

ITA: 8th feb 2024
Submitted: 20th feb 2024