+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP International Stream - Low wage

Naren S

Mar 16, 2021
Hi all,

I am in the process of preparing my application for the OINP International Student Stream and have encountered a few concerns regarding my offer letter and wage details. I would greatly appreciate your guidance in addressing these matters effectively.

Offer Letter:

Firstly, the responsibilities outlined in my current offer letter do not align adequately with the NOC code 21232. Moreover, this offer letter is a year old, and I believe it would be beneficial to procure an updated employment letter that reflects a new role, responsibilities, and includes all necessary details as stipulated by the OINP requirements. Could you please advise on the best approach to obtain this updated documentation?

Low Wage:

Additionally, my current wage situation presents some complexities. According to the requirements for NOC 21232, the minimum wage threshold is $24 per hour. However, my initial wage was set at $16 per hour, which subsequently increased to $18 per hour after a week, $21 per hour after three months, and eventually reached $26 per hour after one year.

Given these incremental raises, I am uncertain whether I should explicitly mention each adjustment in the new employment letter. It's worth noting that while my offer letter states a wage of $16 per hour, my current wage stands at $26 per hour. Could you please advise if these wage adjustments need to be highlighted in the application, and if there is any risk of my application being refused due to the initial discrepancy in wage?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all,

I am in the process of preparing my application for the OINP International Student Stream and have encountered a few concerns regarding my offer letter and wage details. I would greatly appreciate your guidance in addressing these matters effectively.

Offer Letter:

Firstly, the responsibilities outlined in my current offer letter do not align adequately with the NOC code 21232. Moreover, this offer letter is a year old, and I believe it would be beneficial to procure an updated employment letter that reflects a new role, responsibilities, and includes all necessary details as stipulated by the OINP requirements. Could you please advise on the best approach to obtain this updated documentation?

Low Wage:

Additionally, my current wage situation presents some complexities. According to the requirements for NOC 21232, the minimum wage threshold is $24 per hour. However, my initial wage was set at $16 per hour, which subsequently increased to $18 per hour after a week, $21 per hour after three months, and eventually reached $26 per hour after one year.

Given these incremental raises, I am uncertain whether I should explicitly mention each adjustment in the new employment letter. It's worth noting that while my offer letter states a wage of $16 per hour, my current wage stands at $26 per hour. Could you please advise if these wage adjustments need to be highlighted in the application, and if there is any risk of my application being refused due to the initial discrepancy in wage?
1. So your employer has filled out the mandatory forms so would be included an updated job offer that align with NOC 21232. The job offer and mandatory forms would align with the NOC.
2. Wage is not an issue since new job offer and signed forms will align with current wage.

Reactions: Naren S

Naren S

Mar 16, 2021
Thanks for your prompt reply.
Should i need to get a new offer letter? or like employement letter that i am still working in this company with current wage and responsibilties?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your prompt reply.
Should i need to get a new offer letter? or like employement letter that i am still working in this company with current wage and responsibilties?
Is your employer supporting your nomination? Employer must fill out the mandatory forms which will include the updated job offer.