+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP in process, work location & stay is in Ontario but employer is from BC

RoyalPrasad

Star Member
Aug 14, 2020
Mumbai
Currently I am working in Ontario, and my current employer is Ontario based company. I Got NOI for OINP this year January which is in process.
Yesterday I got new work offer for project in Mississauga and it’s a golden offer which cannot be denied, but issue is employer is from BC thus salary will be generated from BC.
As HR said they will be setting up Ontario account by 2024 so my salary may be Ontario based after 2024.
Please suggest what best I can do to grab this opportunity.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Currently I am working in Ontario, and my current employer is Ontario based company. I Got NOI for OINP this year January which is in process.
Yesterday I got new work offer for project in Mississauga and it’s a golden offer which cannot be denied, but issue is employer is from BC thus salary will be generated from BC.
As HR said they will be setting up Ontario account by 2024 so my salary may be Ontario based after 2024.
Please suggest what best I can do to grab this opportunity.
Is your OINP based on a job offer? If so you must work for that employer until you have PR. You must notify OINP if no longer working with that employer and if you don’t and discovered, your application is cancelled and you may be banned for misrepresentation.

RoyalPrasad

Star Member
Aug 14, 2020
Mumbai
Is your OINP based on a job offer? If so you must work for that employer until you have PR. You must notify OINP if no longer working with that employer and if you don’t and discovered, your application is cancelled and you may be banned for misrepresentation.
Hi,
Thanks for your response, my OINP is Express Entry Skilled Trades Scheme.
Draw on Jan 13

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, my next work is in Ontario GTA, I do not need to change provinces but employer is from BC. It’s a construction project.
But the OINP-EE trades is not job based. Read requirements, you just need to show that you are living and settling in Ontario.

RoyalPrasad

Star Member
Aug 14, 2020
Mumbai
If you have a valid TRV, you can return.
I have valid TRV.
WP extension application is in progress but have interim authorization as I said earlier. OINP applied and in progress.
Now situation is I renewed my passport, and TRV is on old passport. WP application is based on passport renewal.
Can I travel to India just based on TRV with no impact to these two file