+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP: How to define "more than half of the requirements necessary to obtain your credential were obtained in Canada"

VisaPlz

May 15, 2024
Hi friends,

I am a bachelor's degree student who just graduated from a Canadian university. My case is a bit different, since I already have a bachelor's degree in my home country, and my Canadian university agreed to accept transfer credits from my first degree and used them on my second degree. The original credit requirement for my Canadian degree is 20 credits, while I have 12 credits from my first degree, so I only needed to finish 8 credits to obtain my credential. I finished my second degree within 2 years as a full-time student.

As a result, I was wondering how the OINP defines "the requirement necessary to obtain your credential". If it means half of the credits should be obtained in Canada then I'm not eligible for this program; however, if it means half of the semesters should be studying in Canada, then it might be possible for me to prove that the bachelor's degree usually takes 4 years while I spend 2 years studying in Canada.

Thank you for any help and reply!