+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP HELP: Application Troubleshooting

Jawad88

Nov 21, 2018
I just received an NOI for the French-Speaking Skilled worker stream of OINP. My CRS is 454/ NOC 2121 and I have 3 years of work experience in the US.
I have two questions about issues I'm facing while filling out my application.

1) For work experience, it asks for ALL paid work experience and expects that you have reference letters, pay documents, etc. for EVERY single place you've EVER worked. I am able to get these documents easily for my current job that I am actually claiming CRS points for. However, a past employer has made my life difficult and I have tried obtaining these documents for a couple years now when applying for Express Entry and they wouldn't budge. I am not claiming points for this job on my EE application and it was less than a year of work. I do not want to misrepresent myself, so I included this experience in the work history section on my OINP application, as only unpaid work is allowed to be included in the personal history section. What should I do about this? Do I even have a chance of getting the PNP nomination??

2) For education history, I only included my Master's and PhD ECA's completed by WES. I did not do a Bachelor's ECA because I cannot get my university in my home country to do what is required for WES to accept my transcripts and there is no way to order these online either. Coincidentally the University where I completed my Bachelor's that is giving me trouble is ALSO the place that I worked that will not allow me to receive a work reference letter. I did not list my Bachelor's on my EE profile as I am only claiming points for my highest degree, but it seems that is an issue with OINP because they require an ECA for every education experience you list on the education section of the profile. It says "ALL EDUCATION". Is there any hope in this case?

Thank you for your help!

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
It is mandatory to get reference letters/pay slips from all of your previous and current employers even if you don't claim points for it in your express entry profile. I asked another candidate on this forum who received OINP nomination last year and he said documents are mandatory from all your previous employers, check this link. Let others comment on the education part.

Are you an FSW candidate? Are you in Canada right now?

Jawad88

Nov 21, 2018
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am applying under the FSW stream and I'm working temporarily in the US right now. I guess there is no opportunity for me to apply to OINP then because it will be impossible to get the letter and documents I need from that employer.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am applying under the FSW stream and I'm working temporarily in the US right now. I guess there is no opportunity for me to apply to OINP then because it will be impossible to get the letter and documents I need from that employer.
What others do is get a letter from a current or previous colleague with all the details, attach a reply from you previous employer who refused to provide the reference letter if you can get it, include your offer letter, relieving letter, pay slips etc. and submit an explanation. I have read many times here that this method works with the regular PR applications as everybody knows that some employers will not provide reference letter with all the details because of company policies.

Even if FSW draws are resumed, your score is too low to guarantee an ITA and this might be your only chance to immigrate to Canada. Do your best and submit the application as best as you can, only thing you are gonna lose is $1500.