+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - French speaking stream

touchedo

Feb 27, 2017
You can't express your interest directly. The OINP sends NOIs (Notification of Interest) for qualified candidates who have a profile in the Express Entry pool and match the criteria.

Do you have French as the primary language in your EE profile? I read in some other posts that it may be necessary for the OINP to identify you for the French speaking stream - even if it is not written anywhere. If not, you may want to consider recreating your profile with French as the primary language. I am assuming you have CLB 7+ scores in all competences.

Reactions: Mouradi

Mouradi

Sep 22, 2017
You can't express your interest directly. The OINP sends NOIs (Notification of Interest) for qualified candidates who have a profile in the Express Entry pool and match the criteria.

Do you have French as the primary language in your EE profile? I read in some other posts that it may be necessary for the OINP to identify you for the French speaking stream - even if it is not written anywhere. If not, you may want to consider recreating your profile with French as the primary language. I am assuming you have CLB 7+ scores in all competences.
Thank you so much for the clarification and for the tip of putting French as the first language. Doing that will change the CRS points, i ll recalculate and hope it won’t go below 400.
Thanks

touchedo

Feb 27, 2017
Thank you so much for the clarification and for the tip of putting French as the first language. Doing that will change the CRS points, i ll recalculate and hope it won’t go below 400.
Thanks
Yes, it will recalculate your CRS points. The thing is the French speaking stream doesn't have a minimum CRS requirement. You may still qualify even if your CRS goes below 400 when putting French as the first language. Also make sure you select "Ontario" as your province of interest.

Edwardphan

Mar 21, 2019
Yes, it will recalculate your CRS points. The thing is the French speaking stream doesn't have a minimum CRS requirement. You may still qualify even if your CRS goes below 400 when putting French as the first language. Also make sure you select "Ontario" as your province of interest.
are u sure about that, they dont require minimum crs for this stream, i heard somewhere the minimum crs is 380