+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP French-Speaking Skilled Worker stream requirement

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
This might sound dumb but I could not find this info anywhere:
For someone to qualify for getting NOI from OINP for French-Speaking Skilled Worker stream does that person have to declare French as the *primary* language in the express entry profile?
thanks.

blebelle

Apr 28, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nerd said:
Hello,
This might sound dumb but I could not find this info anywhere:
For someone to qualify for getting NOI from OINP for French-Speaking Skilled Worker stream does that person have to declare French as the *primary* language in the express entry profile?
thanks.
In my case, being French to start with, I did mentioned French as my primary languages. OINP is looking for French Speaking Skilled Worker so my humble guess is that should you have another primary language but developed proven bilingualism (hence the ETF tests) then it means you are accredited as French Speaking. It would be interesting to have feedback from people which have applied to this stream but coming from other countries than the French speaking usuals suspects (France, Belgium, Swiss and african countries).

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply. I could not find anything in the requirements on Ontario OINP site which says explicitly that French has to be the *primary* language. As long as both IELTS and TEF scores are above CLB7 they are happy. My point of course is that if I have CLB10 in IELTS and CLB8 in TEF, i would like to declare english as primary language to get some extra points on my EE profile.

maleeksha

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
PNP
blebelle said:
In my case, being French to start with, I did mentioned French as my primary languages. OINP is looking for French Speaking Skilled Worker so my humble guess is that should you have another primary language but developed proven bilingualism (hence the ETF tests) then it means you are accredited as French Speaking. It would be interesting to have feedback from people which have applied to this stream but coming from other countries than the French speaking usuals suspects (France, Belgium, Swiss and african countries).
Hello blebelle,
Have you got any feedback from anyone who has been qualified in the OINP French stream?
I have just updated my profile with French as primary language and my TEF results.
Please keep me posted.
Thanks,
Maleeksha

Aniclb

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE 23-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
Hi

Am French too, and I hv passed both my TEF and IELTS. I hv mentionned French as my primary language in my EE profile, together with the score. My understanding of the OINP French Stream is (as per their guide ) : This guide could be found Ontario immigration French Speaking Skills Stream guide.

OINP identifies candidates in Express Entry pool
 OINP searches the Express Entry pool and identifies potential candidates who
meet the French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream criteria (see Section 2 for
more information):
1. Minimum of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level of 7 in French and
CLB 6 in English;
2. Minimum work experience as defined by Ontario for either the FSWP or
the CEC candidates;
3. Equivalent of a Canadian Bachelor’s degree or above;
4. Sufficient settlement funds; and
5. An intention to reside in Ontario.
 If OINP identifies you in the Express Entry pool, you will receive a PT Notification
of Interest from Ontario through your MyCIC account. This notification will invite
you to apply to OINP for nomination under the French-Speaking Skilled Worker
Stream

So as per above, it is not just your French AND English languages level that matters, it is a combination of your work experience, your job (NOC for example which is in high demand or not)

Two days after creating my EE profile, I got a PT from Ontario Province and I hv just sent my application on 4th June 2016.
Hope the above details, help.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
nerd said:
Thanks for the reply. I could not find anything in the requirements on Ontario OINP site which says explicitly that French has to be the *primary* language. As long as both IELTS and TEF scores are above CLB7 they are happy. My point of course is that if I have CLB10 in IELTS and CLB8 in TEF, i would like to declare english as primary language to get some extra points on my EE profile.
I believe this is indeed the case, as long as you pass the English and French thresholds for OINP FSS, and you have a minimum bachelor's degree, it shouldn't matter which one you declare as your primary language.

Telitos

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Aniclb said:
Hi

Am French too, and I hv passed both my TEF and IELTS. I hv mentionned French as my primary language in my EE profile, together with the score. My understanding of the OINP French Stream is (as per their guide ) : This guide could be found Ontario immigration French Speaking Skills Stream guide.

more information):
CLB 6 in English;
the CEC candidates;
 If OINP identifies you in the Express Entry pool, you will receive a PT Notification
of Interest from Ontario through your MyCIC account. This notification will invite
Stream

So as per above, it is not just your French AND English languages level that matters, it is a combination of your work experience, your job (NOC for example which is in high demand or not)

Two days after creating my EE profile, I got a PT from Ontario Province and I hv just sent my application on 4th June 2016.
Hi,

I also fit the requirement for the French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream but have not received a PT from Ontario since creating my EE profile back in June 6. I thought that's because it takes time, but seeing as you got it so quick, I'm a bit worried now.

May I ask how you were you notified of this? I have received a couple of mails from the CIC telling me that my "profile has been updated", but when I check my profile does not show anything different from my prior login (yet at least a day had elapsed between the moment I last checked and the moment I received a mail from the CEC.)

Thanks,

Telitos

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
As an additional question, how do you interpret this requirement regarding the supporting documents for work experience:

"Supporting documents (FSWP and CEC)

You must submit the following documents to prove your work experience if you choose to be assessed against FSWP criteria or CEC criteria:
 Copy of current résumé indicating relevant work experience.
 Copies of employment reference letters from previous/current employers for all periods of work stated in the application that meet the following requirements: [...]"

Interpretation 1): List on the resume ONLY those jobs which you wish to be counted towards CEC (or FSWP) points and provide the required documents for ALL jobs listed.

Interpretation 2): List on the resume ALL jobs you ever had, regardless of whether they meet the CEC (or FSWP) criteria (NOC wise or time wise) and provide support documents for ONLY those you wish to be counted toward you CEC (or FSWP). (But wouldn't this contradict the second requirement above?)

Interpretation 3) : List ALL jobs you ever had, regardless of whether they meet the CEC (or FSWP) criteria and provide support documents for ALL jobs listed.

I personally would not like to have to document all my jobs so I would like to go with either interpretation 1 or 2.

Let me know what you think!

Thank you all,

Telitos

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Telitos said:
As an additional question, how do you interpret this requirement regarding the supporting documents for work experience:

"Supporting documents (FSWP and CEC)

You must submit the following documents to prove your work experience if you choose to be assessed against FSWP criteria or CEC criteria:
 Copy of current résumé indicating relevant work experience.
 Copies of employment reference letters from previous/current employers for all periods of work stated in the application that meet the following requirements: [...]"

Interpretation 1): List on the resume ONLY those jobs which you wish to be counted towards CEC (or FSWP) points and provide the required documents for ALL jobs listed.

Interpretation 2): List on the resume ALL jobs you ever had, regardless of whether they meet the CEC (or FSWP) criteria (NOC wise or time wise) and provide support documents for ONLY those you wish to be counted toward you CEC (or FSWP). (But wouldn't this contradict the second requirement above?)

Interpretation 3) : List ALL jobs you ever had, regardless of whether they meet the CEC (or FSWP) criteria and provide support documents for ALL jobs listed.

I personally would not like to have to document all my jobs so I would like to go with either interpretation 1 or 2.

Let me know what you think!

Thank you all,
I believe I answered my own question, as I notice in the actual form "Nominee Application for Ontario Express Entry Streams" that under the Personal and Work History, all work experiences must be listed and documented. Which sucks.

maleeksha

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
PNP
Aniclb said:
Hi

more information):
CLB 6 in English;
the CEC candidates;
Stream

That's great Aniclb!
I just hope that they have not reached any CAP yet for the French stream.
My NOC is 2173, Software Engineer. I have CLB 10 in French and CLB 8 in English.

Did you receive your ITA after the 9th of may? They stopped sending ITA in the Human Capital stream on that date. But they say that the French stream is still open. It would be great to know the last date anyone got an ITA from Ontario in the French stream.

Thanks,
Maleeksha

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello people

I have a question. My french faculty has scored CLB 9 in TEF exams, will score clb 9 in IELTS too and has a bachelor's from Mumbai.

Can she select French as her primary language. Will this qualify her for a interest invite under OINP fss category? As I said she is a French professor in Mumbai.

Thnx fo your help.

Telitos

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
You should choose as your primary language that which would maximize the amount of points you can obtain. So your strongest language (score wise) should be your primary one.

For the purpose of the French Speaking Skilled Worker stream in Ontario, it is nowhere indicated that French ought to be your primary language. Minimum CLB in both languages is all that is required. Therefore, I think it is safe to assume that you do not need to select French as your primary language in order to be selected for the FSSW in Ontario.

That being said, if her competency levels in French and English are equal and choosing either language as her primary language would result in the same amount of points, then she might as well indicate French as her primary language just to be safe. Although, again, I don't believe this has any incidence on your selection to FSSW whatsoever.

She could create an EE profile and wait a bit to see if she obtains an Letter of interest from Ontario, that way she will know for sure.

Damocles

Jul 22, 2016
Johannesburg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Pretoria?
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Jul-2016
Doc's Request.
09-Dec-2016
Nomination.....
16-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2017 and 03-May-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-Mar-2017
Hello maleeksha,

Did you also submit your application to OINP? You seem to have gotten an AOR in 4 days!! (from the info in your signature). You are so lucky.

Aniclb

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE 23-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
@ Telitos

Hi

Hi I have received the PT through my CIC account. As per my understanding, PTs are sent based a combination of criterias : languages French/English, experience, NOC, etc … not sure, which is your profile and background.
For sure, OINP is not interested in freshers under the French Stream (at least, that’s my understanding), level of experience matters too.

Wish you all the best.

Telitos said:
Hi,

I also fit the requirement for the French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream but have not received a PT from Ontario since creating my EE profile back in June 6. I thought that's because it takes time, but seeing as you got it so quick, I'm a bit worried now.

May I ask how you were you notified of this? I have received a couple of mails from the CIC telling me that my "profile has been updated", but when I check my profile does not show anything different from my prior login (yet at least a day had elapsed between the moment I last checked and the moment I received a mail from the CEC.)

Thanks,