+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP French PT Interest Letter in August 2016

mcheibani

Jul 21, 2016
Hi,
I have applied to the Express Entry in July 22nd 2016. I thought that I will receive a notification of interest from Ontario French Stream because I scored 7 and more in each of TEF sections and I have the other minimum requirement for express Entry. My CRS score is 449. I read on this forum from members stating that they received the notification of interest a couple of days or a week after applying. This hasn't been the case for me. I have been waiting for 40 days and didn't get the notification despite the fact that I have the requirement for this program.

I was wondering if anyone has received the OINP (French Stream) Interest after July 22nd 2016.

Thank you for your help

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mcheibani said:
Hi,
I have applied to the Express Entry in July 22nd 2016. I thought that I will receive a notification of interest from Ontario French Stream because I scored 7 and more in each of TEF sections and I have the other minimum requirement for express Entry. My CRS score is 449. I read on this forum from members stating that they received the notification of interest a couple of days or a week after applying. This hasn't been the case for me. I have been waiting for 40 days and didn't get the notification despite the fact that I have the requirement for this program.

I was wondering if anyone has received the OINP (French Stream) Interest after July 22nd 2016.

Thank you for your help
Have you selected French as your first language ?
Do you have the required English results ?

mcheibani

Jul 21, 2016
istari said:
Have you selected French as your first language ?
Do you have the required English results ?
I selected English as my first language because my IELTS score is higher and that would give me more points. And yes I have the required English results.
Is it required to select French as first language?
Thanks

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mcheibani said:
I selected English as my first language because my IELTS score is higher and that would give me more points. And yes I have the required English results.
Is it required to select French as first language?
Thanks
Yes, you must select French as your first language, or you won't receive the PT notification.

I'm not sure if you can simply change your language details now, or if you need to create a new profile.

mcheibani

Jul 21, 2016
istari said:
Yes, you must select French as your first language, or you won't receive the PT notification.

I'm not sure if you can simply change your language details now, or if you need to create a new profile.
Thank you very much for your reply. Are you sure that French must be the first language. I looked at the requirements on the official website and didn't see this mentioned. My IELTS score is way higher than my TEF. I have now 449 points and if I made French my first language, my score will drop to 366. I just wanted to be sure before I proceed.
Thanks again

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mcheibani said:
Thank you very much for your reply. Are you sure that French must be the first language. I looked at the requirements on the official website and didn't see this mentioned. My IELTS score is way higher than my TEF. I have now 449 points and if I made French my first language, my score will drop to 366. I just wanted to be sure before I proceed.
Thanks again
I'm fairly certain.

But honestly, it doesn't really matter. With 449 points, you're not going to receive ITA any time soon anyway, so you have time to muck about with it.
So change French to your first language. Wait a while, and if you still don't receive PT, you can change it back.

mcheibani

Jul 21, 2016
istari said:
I'm fairly certain.

But honestly, it doesn't really matter. With 449 points, you're not going to receive ITA any time soon anyway, so you have time to muck about with it.
So change French to your first language. Wait a while, and if you still don't receive PT, you can change it back.
Thank you very much for your advice.
I changed my profile on sept 10 and made French my first language. guess what? I received the Interest Letter today. YAAAY :D :D

Without your advice, I would have been waiting forever. Many thanks

julientran

Apr 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
20-12-3016
Wow! And people on the Nov/Dec/Jan threads are starting scaring everyone with rumors about OINP reaching the cap for nominations since April.
Your PT gives me hope! :D

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
julientran said:
Wow! And people on the Nov/Dec/Jan threads are starting scaring everyone with rumors about OINP reaching the cap for nominations since April.
Your PT gives me hope! :D
Just to be clear, only OINP's French-speaking stream is currently open; the stream for English speakers has been closed for a while.

Bosco0808

Apr 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dont Know
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 Dec 16
Doc's Request.
26 Jan 17
Nomination.....
27 Feb 17
IELTS Request
Upfront
Dear Mcheibani,

When you changed your first language to French, you score would have gone down to 366. Did you receive the invite with that score of 366. Kindly advise.

Based on your experience i have changed French as my first language and now my score is 347(instead of 400 earlier). Expect to receive the PT notification the way you got.

mcheibani said:
Thank you very much for your advice.
I changed my profile on sept 10 and made French my first language. guess what? I received the Interest Letter today. YAAAY :D :D

Without your advice, I would have been waiting forever. Many thanks

mcheibani

Jul 21, 2016
Hi Bosco0808,

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been checking the forum lately.
Yes, I changed my profile (made French my first language) and my score dropped from 449 to 366, then I received the expression of interest. You should receive it if you meet the minimum requirements.
Let me know if this answers your question.
Thanks

Bosco0808 said:
Dear Mcheibani,

When you changed your first language to French, you score would have gone down to 366. Did you receive the invite with that score of 366. Kindly advise.

Based on your experience i have changed French as my first language and now my score is 347(instead of 400 earlier). Expect to receive the PT notification the way you got.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In French stream overal points do not matter. As long as you meet their basic criteria you will get your PT. However at the moment they have not even started to process French stream applicants (except of those with the November till February batch). So we have to wait until they are done with the main batch.