+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP- Foreign worker stream (FSW)- Anyone recently applied to IRCC after nomination, need guidance

kchilla

Mar 15, 2024
I applied to IRCC in Dec 2023 after getting nomination certificate under OINP FSW which is a non-express stream. At the time of submitting application the average processing time was 18 months and the latest update is 12 months.

I did not receive any AOR till now but I just got a biometrics request letter as well instructions to link my application on Canada.ca website. On linking my application, it shows my earlier biometrics which I gave when applying for work permit that is valid for 8 more years. Are we still needed to give biometrics again?

Also, appreciate any guidance on the what to expect at different timelines till the whole process is complete.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
I applied to IRCC in Dec 2023 after getting nomination certificate under OINP FSW which is a non-express stream. At the time of submitting application the average processing time was 18 months and the latest update is 12 months.

I did not receive any AOR till now but I just got a biometrics request letter as well instructions to link my application on Canada.ca website. On linking my application, it shows my earlier biometrics which I gave when applying for work permit that is valid for 8 more years. Are we still needed to give biometrics again?

Also, appreciate any guidance on the what to expect at different timelines till the whole process is complete.
I'm still in the nomination process, but I believe I've read that you have to provide biometrics again when applying through OINP even if you already had biometrics done in the past 8 years.

assunny89

Dec 13, 2023

Hi,
I also got nomination under jofw oinp. Can you please confirm did you provide any proof of funds or letter of explanation against it. Also what amount should we mention under imm008 sch4 form for funds. Is it whatever amount we hav in the account ?

kchilla

Mar 15, 2024
Hi,
I also got nomination under jofw oinp. Can you please confirm did you provide any proof of funds or letter of explanation against it. Also what amount should we mention under imm008 sch4 form for funds. Is it whatever amount we hav in the account ?
I did not provide any LOE for this. Though I think already being in Canada this may not be applicable. To be on safer side, I mentioned 30000 CAD for 3 of us in the family. Better to mention amount you will be able to show proof just in case they ask for though I did not show any proof with application.