+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP for workers

VO18

Oct 2, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to see if I can apply under OINP for foreign workers. I cant apply under international students program because I have graduated almost 3 years ago.
I work at a bank for 3 years now, so right after school I got hired here. Also, important to note - I cant apply under PNP for Ontario because I don't have a bachelor- I did 3 years advance diploma program.
My work permit expires in may 2017 and my EE score is 426.

If someone can put some light on this? I have been reading it online but I don't get the process and am not certain what exactly I will have to say to my employer.

Your help is much appreciated!

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
VO18 said:
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to see if I can apply under OINP for foreign workers. I cant apply under international students program because I have graduated almost 3 years ago.
I work at a bank for 3 years now, so right after school I got hired here. Also, important to note - I cant apply under PNP for Ontario because I don't have a bachelor- I did 3 years advance diploma program.

If someone can put some light on this? I have been reading it online but I don't get the process and am not certain what exactly I will have to say to my employer.

Please read this:
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPWORKERS_APPLY.html

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
VO18 said:
Hi Everyone,

I DOUBT IF YOU WILL HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO PROCESS BECAUSE THE PER-SCREENING TAKES A LONG TIME. (ANYWHERE BETWEEN 3 MONTHS TO 15 MONTHS). THEN THE ACTUAL PNP APPLICATION PROCESS TAKES ANOTHER 3 MONTHS TO A YEAR. AND DURING THIS TIME YOU NEED TO KEEP VALID STATUS.

I WILL TRY TO RECOMMEND TO APPLY FOR LMIA AND OTHER PROVINCES FOR PNP.

BUT THERE IS NO HARM IN GIVING OINP A SHOT IF YOUR EMPLOYER AGREES TO CO-OPERATE.

VO18

Oct 2, 2016
If I change my status to a student, because I will have both study and work permit. Will that be considered?

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
AS PER THE APPLICATION GUIDELINE, YOU NEED TO HAVE A FULL-TIME JOB.

READ THE REQUIREMENTS CAREFULLY.

LittleHuang

Star Member
May 12, 2016
VO18 said:
If I change my status to a student, because I will have both study and work permit. Will that be considered?
You cannot have both study and work permit at the same time. That means you can have only ONE status in Canada, either worker or student.

Once you change your status, the previous one will automatically be in valid.