uerceg

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Berlin, Germany
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hey guys,

I was reading about Foreign Worker Stream and I am wondering if I would eligible for it or not few months down the road when I move to Canada on ICT visa. For a bit more clarity, once in Canada on ICT (pretty much work) visa, I am looking what is the fastest way to PR and this OINP stream caught my attention (I am aware of EE and CEC stream, but OINP sounds easier if doable which I'm trying to figure out).

So the question is: Am I eligible to apply for OINP if I am already in Ontario and employed already by a Canadian company? By reading all the requirements, it does sound as if I'm not because I'm having the impression that it's all about "job offer" (which I won't technically have since I will already be employed), but this part from chapter 4. Intention to live in Ontario made me wonder:
You must intend to live in Ontario after you’ve been granted permanent residence. We determine this by examining your ties to Ontario, which can include doing things like:
- working or having worked in Ontario
Especially this word working (which I would be at that time). Again, I understand that again everything is about "job offer" (which probably means job offer from a new job), but just wanted to double check if this stream is something I would be able to consider with my Canadian employer?

Many thanks in advance for any answer.

Cheers

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys,

I was reading about Foreign Worker Stream and I am wondering if I would eligible for it or not few months down the road when I move to Canada on ICT visa. For a bit more clarity, once in Canada on ICT (pretty much work) visa, I am looking what is the fastest way to PR and this OINP stream caught my attention (I am aware of EE and CEC stream, but OINP sounds easier if doable which I'm trying to figure out).

So the question is: Am I eligible to apply for OINP if I am already in Ontario and employed already by a Canadian company? By reading all the requirements, it does sound as if I'm not because I'm having the impression that it's all about "job offer" (which I won't technically have since I will already be employed), but this part from chapter 4. Intention to live in Ontario made me wonder:

Especially this word working (which I would be at that time). Again, I understand that again everything is about "job offer" (which probably means job offer from a new job), but just wanted to double check if this stream is something I would be able to consider with my Canadian employer?

Many thanks in advance for any answer.

Cheers
Yes, it's possible you may qualify but there is more work you need to do to determine that.

I assume you've read through the employer requirements and your employer meets all of them.

The job you are being given by your employer must be full time and permanent. Is your employer giving you a job that will indicate the role is permanent vs. contract / with an end date? This is important.

Is your employer willing to complete the employer form and support your application? We find some employers are not willing to do this.

uerceg

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Berlin, Germany
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Thank you very much for your response. To answer your questions:
  • Yes, my employer meets the criteria.
  • Yes, one can see from my contract that it's on permanent basis (w/o end date).
  • Yes, my employer would be willing to provide any kind of documentation needed for this.
So you are saying that (having my answers from above in mind), I can apply for this stream even though job offer letter (and documentation) will be coming from my eligible Canadian employer while I am actually living in Ontario and working for that same employer?

Rajan_7439

Jan 4, 2023
Yes, it's possible you may qualify but there is more work you need to do to determine that.

I assume you've read through the employer requirements and your employer meets all of them.

The job you are being given by your employer must be full time and permanent. Is your employer giving you a job that will indicate the role is permanent vs. contract / with an end date? This is important.

Is your employer willing to complete the employer form and support your application? We find some employers are not willing to do this.
Hello, Do corporate companies do it? for instance Banks and Retails companies...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you very much for your response. To answer your questions:
  • Yes, my employer meets the criteria.
  • Yes, one can see from my contract that it's on permanent basis (w/o end date).
  • Yes, my employer would be willing to provide any kind of documentation needed for this.
So you are saying that (having my answers from above in mind), I can apply for this stream even though job offer letter (and documentation) will be coming from my eligible Canadian employer while I am actually living in Ontario and working for that same employer?
I'm not sure what you mean by the last statement. If you and your employer meet the program requirements, then you can apply.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Bigdream2020

Dec 5, 2019
Hello All,

I am on open work permit and working with Ontario employer for past 1 year full time .
I suffice all the conditions except for when i asked the HR about applying in OINP they replied saying they do not support it.

Any suggestions from anyone what specific information i should ask them and how should i go about it further.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello All,

I am on open work permit and working with Ontario employer for past 1 year full time .
I suffice all the conditions except for when i asked the HR about applying in OINP they replied saying they do not support it.

Any suggestions from anyone what specific information i should ask them and how should i go about it further.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks
They have to follow the employer guide and fill out the required forms, and answer any follow up questions or provide additional information, as required. You cannot move forward without their support.

You may want to talk to HR and discuss how you are a valuable employee with a specific skills set. You want to be positive and show them you are such a benefit that it will be difficult to replace you if you must leave. Provide them with all the documentation/forms and employer guide to support your nomination.

What type of company? If a major Canadian company (bank, retail) then it may be difficult to get support for nomination if they don’t have difficulty hiring.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-streams-employer-guide