+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP- Employer job offer, international student stream

Roman2019

Feb 16, 2019
Hi
I am an international student, currently doing my 2nd program in Ontario. My questions are -

The employer where I used to work for the last 1 year, has recently provided me with a job offer letter as a shift supervisor (for a permanent, full-time position and indetermined period of time) not supported by LMIA.
Along with the job offer letter, he handed me the completed form of employer form also. That means I think these papers now made me eligible for applying under the OINP-Employer job offer, international student stream.

But this stream is currently off now.

1. Can anyone have any idea whether this program will open in Ontario again or not?
2. If it is going to open, then what is the ideal time for this program to get open again?
3. Are there any other documents should I focus on achieving eligibility for this program?

Thanks in advance for your precious support and time. Thank you.

Reactions: Baotran_canada

Younomi

Aug 31, 2017
Hi
I am an international student, currently doing my 2nd program in Ontario. My questions are -

The employer where I used to work for the last 1 year, has recently provided me with a job offer letter as a shift supervisor (for a permanent, full-time position and indetermined period of time) not supported by LMIA.
Along with the job offer letter, he handed me the completed form of employer form also. That means I think these papers now made me eligible for applying under the OINP-Employer job offer, international student stream.

But this stream is currently off now.

1. Can anyone have any idea whether this program will open in Ontario again or not?
2. If it is going to open, then what is the ideal time for this program to get open again?
3. Are there any other documents should I focus on achieving eligibility for this program?

Thanks in advance for your precious support and time. Thank you.

Hi Roman,

you need to complete your degree before applying for this stream.

5. Application period
You must submit your application within two years of the date on your degree, diploma or certificate (also known as your education credential). For example, if your degree, diploma or certificate is dated June, 1 2017, you must apply to this stream before June 1, 2019.

If you don’t have your education credential yet, use the date on the letter from your college or university which states when your education credential will be granted.

Important: You must have completed your degree, diploma or certificate before you submit your application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Mara71

Sep 6, 2018
Thank you for the message
It is confused requiremt
Pls see
  • 1 ) a degree or diploma that takes at least two years to complete if you study on a full-time basis, or
  • 2) a degree, diploma or certificate that takes at least one year to complete if you study on a full-time basis and that requires a completed degree as an admission requirement
What is number 2
Pls advise

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for the message
It is confused requiremt
Pls see
  • 1 ) a degree or diploma that takes at least two years to complete if you study on a full-time basis, or
  • 2) a degree, diploma or certificate that takes at least one year to complete if you study on a full-time basis and that requires a completed degree as an admission requirement
What is number 2
Pls advise
#2 is a one year program that requires you to complete a Bachelor degree first in order to be allowed to take the one year program. Post Graduate Diplomas generally don't have this kind of pre-requisite and won't meet the requirement.

Mara71

Sep 6, 2018
I'm asking very simple question brother
Is he eligible to apply after doing one year post graduate in ontario
He has masters prior this in his home country
Pls advise
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm asking very simple question brother
Is he eligible to apply after doing one year post graduate in ontario
He has masters prior this in his home country
Pls advise
Thank you
I've already answered your question.

It depends what the pre-requisites are for being admitted into that post graduate program.

No one here can give you a "yes" or "no" without more information.

The fact he has a masters is irrelevant.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What is a more information which you required ?
I'm still don't get the right answer ?
I'm not sure how to explain it more clearly. The one year program must require the completion of a degree as a prerequisite for admission. So to be admitted into the one year program, it must be mandatory that you have a university degree. Most post graduate diplomas allow you to take them if you have a diploma and a degree is not necessary. So they won't qualify.

What is the specific one year program you are asking about?

Mara71

Sep 6, 2018
This was the requirement for admission
  • Two- or Three-Year College Diploma, or a Degree
    (Note: minimum 'C+' average or cumulative 2.5 GPA)
or

• An acceptable combination of related work experience and post-secondary education as judged by the College*
or

• Five years of work experience in the supply chain management field as judged by the College to be equivalent*
Note:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This was the requirement for admission
  • Two- or Three-Year College Diploma, or a Degree
    (Note: minimum 'C+' average or cumulative 2.5 GPA)
or

• An acceptable combination of related work experience and post-secondary education as judged by the College*
or

• Five years of work experience in the supply chain management field as judged by the College to be equivalent*
Note:
Right - so this will not qualify. You can get into this program with just a diploma. A degree is not required. So this program does not meet the requirements.

Mara71

Sep 6, 2018
Right - so this will not qualify. You can get into this program with just a diploma. A degree is not required. So this program does not meet the requirements.

Part I is for undergraduate programs
Part II is for graduate programs
To study a graduate program you need a previously completed degree. Since the college accepted MBA before they gave an LOA, you may be able to define, your MBA as a pre-qualification for one-year post-graduate diploma in Supply Chain Management.
Is this correct ??