+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream - Is ECA required?

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
I hope you know that it can get updated too? Was updated in 2021.
Yes, that's why I mentioned that the link I provided was updated in January 2024

onebel

Feb 16, 2024
Hi there, my wife is in the same situation here as yours, she has a Canadian college diploma (two-year program) and a Bachelor's degree back home, now she's also got the ITA for OINP Employer Job Offer International Student Stream but WES is still processing her Bachelor degree which will definitely pass the OINP application deadline. So we're wondering what happened after you submit your application? Did the just process it or ask you to submit WES certificate as an incomplete submission? Or just simply reject your application at all that you have to go through the whole process from EOI again? Pls let us know thank you so much!
I submitted my application without my ECA since my points are based on my Canadian certificate. However, when I applied for my ECA through WES, I added OINP as a recipient (even if it was completed after the deadline). I didn't include the reference number in my application, though, because I didn't want to submit something I didn't have yet so that might not have helped. So far, I haven't received any notification that my application is incomplete.

Last edited:

Rijo_007

May 3, 2024
Hi,

I am in same dilemma, I am also applying via Job Offer: International Student Stream But in my condition I did not got the ITA but I received employer form and applied for WES last week.So could you pls confirm whether we need to evaluate back home Bachelor's degree? or post -grad certificate is sufficient for filing EOI.?

onebel

Feb 16, 2024
Hi,

I am in same dilemma, I am also applying via Job Offer: International Student Stream But in my condition I did not got the ITA but I received employer form and applied for WES last week.So could you pls confirm whether we need to evaluate back home Bachelor's degree? or post -grad certificate is sufficient for filing EOI.?
For this stream, I submitted my application without my ECA since my points are based on my Canadian certificate.

Pc111

Mar 22, 2024
For this stream, I submitted my application without my ECA since my points are based on my Canadian certificate.
As far as I know, OINP dekans for ECA for every degree that you did back home (Bachelor's and Master's both). I have seen cases where OINP rejects the file if there is no separate WES done for OINP. So even if you do WES for IRCC, you will need separate WES where you will put OINP as a receiver.
Let me know if you have any questions.

onebel

Feb 16, 2024
As far as I know, OINP dekans for ECA for every degree that you did back home (Bachelor's and Master's both). I have seen cases where OINP rejects the file if there is no separate WES done for OINP. So even if you do WES for IRCC, you will need separate WES where you will put OINP as a receiver.
Let me know if you have any questions.
In this link, which was updated May 2024, it says that for education requirements, you must prove that you have obtained one of the following:
  • an undergraduate degree or diploma that takes at least two years if pursued on a full-time basis from an eligible Canadian institution
  • a graduate degree or diploma that takes at least one year if pursued on a full-time basis from an eligible Canadian institution
  • a college graduate certificate that takes at least one year to complete if pursued on a full-time basis from an eligible Ontario institution - this is what I used in my application
  • a university graduate certificate that takes at least one year to complete if pursued on a full-time basis from an eligible Ontario institution
I submitted my application 3 months ago and received a notification that it is complete and is being processed.

Rijo_007

May 3, 2024
Thank you, and one more thing they only need the ECA report when you file for express entry ? After receiving the ITA we have to submit the docs within 14 days, do we have to submit back home WES report?

Pc111

Mar 22, 2024
Thank you, and one more thing they only need the ECA report when you file for express entry ? After receiving the ITA we have to submit the docs within 14 days, do we have to submit back home WES report?
Firstly, for OINP International Student Job Offer won't go through express entry. There is separate non-express entry portal where you to apply directly after receiving nomination. Secondly, I would recommend to attach WES at every stage to avoid delay/rejection. Hope this helps!