+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Employer Job Offer - International Student Stream Doubts

bigboiaksh

Jun 21, 2023
Hi Everyone,

I am about to fill out the "Expression of Interest" for OINP Employer Job Offer - International Student Stream by considering the new changes that the government just made effective from Jan 1, 2024.

Let me tell you first what my situation is at the moment.

I completed my 2 years studies in Canada from May 2021 - August 2022. Then I started working full-time from November 2022 to - Present.

After completing 1 year of work experience in Canada, I'm basically eligible to apply to FSW and CEC programs for PR.

Then, after 1 year of work experience, I took a one-month vacation from work and right now living in my hometown in India and I will be staying here for a while because of a family medical emergency.

My questions are:
1: "Am I eligible to apply for OINP employer job offer - international student stream" by sitting here in India?

2. I know applicant is supposed to be under 2 years when they get nominated to submit their application. But do they have to be physically present in Canada?

I came across this clause on their website:

"You must continue to be employed in the approved employment position during the nomination period (i.e. until you receive permanent residence). This means that your terms of employment must remain consistent throughout the nomination period. This includes your:
  • employer
  • position title and duties
  • wage
  • hours of work
  • work location"

URL where I read this information: https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-international-student-stream

If someone can clear my doubts then it would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am about to fill out the "Expression of Interest" for OINP Employer Job Offer - International Student Stream by considering the new changes that the government just made effective from Jan 1, 2024.

Let me tell you first what my situation is at the moment.

I completed my 2 years studies in Canada from May 2021 - August 2022. Then I started working full-time from November 2022 to - Present.

After completing 1 year of work experience in Canada, I'm basically eligible to apply to FSW and CEC programs for PR.

Then, after 1 year of work experience, I took a one-month vacation from work and right now living in my hometown in India and I will be staying here for a while because of a family medical emergency.

My questions are:
1: "Am I eligible to apply for OINP employer job offer - international student stream" by sitting here in India?

2. I know applicant is supposed to be under 2 years when they get nominated to submit their application. But do they have to be physically present in Canada?

I came across this clause on their website:

"You must continue to be employed in the approved employment position during the nomination period (i.e. until you receive permanent residence). This means that your terms of employment must remain consistent throughout the nomination period. This includes your:
  • employer
  • position title and duties
  • wage
  • hours of work
  • work location"

URL where I read this information: https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-international-student-stream

If someone can clear my doubts then it would be highly appreciated. Thank you!
1. Assume your employer has filled out the forms and supporting your nomination? This is mandatory.
2. So you must continue to work for the employer during the nomination period and meet the bullets above.