+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream

KrishVirkam1

Nov 24, 2018
Hey guys,

I got a full-time job offer in Ontario this week. However, I have only 11 months left on my work permit. So does it make sense to apply to Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream, get 600 points (PNP nomination) and apply to PR or else apply for bridging work permit, work for 12 months and then apply PR with one year work experience with no PNP nomination?

Please advise, thanks.

tekkieanu

Jun 28, 2018
Hi Krish, I am also on same boat. I see that OINP job offer category is paper based and it can take longer.

Mandeep21

Jul 31, 2018
do we have to pay pnp nomination fees again after 6 months if our pnp NOI expires during the process?
or it is not required as we have already proceeded with the process and visa processing is going on ...

lil.piggy

Mar 18, 2019
Where does it say it is just paper based?
You can apply for OINP Job Offer Stream through OINP portal, it doesn't go through IRCC.
If you get approval, then you get instructions where it says you need to use paper application for PR and it's not valid for Express Entry.

Lmnlfrz

Aug 19, 2018
You can apply for OINP Job Offer Stream through OINP portal, it doesn't go through IRCC.
If you get approval, then you get instructions where it says you need to use paper application for PR and it's not valid for Express Entry.
Congratulations for your approval.
The processimg time for paper based says 15-19 months. So, if your visa expires soon how you gonna stay in canada?

paps82

Dec 21, 2017
Friends,

Am too on the same boat. My work permit expires on Dec 2019 (3.5 months from now) does it make sense to apply for ONIP? i read an section in the wesbiste which states if the work permit status change then we can update the ONIP via form and email on the change in new work permit?

Does this Stream is Non Express Entry linked and don't need any ECA or language test (IELTS/CELPIP) once we moved on to stage two in applying PR with IRCC?