+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

Capticorn

Aug 11, 2021
Hi I need help with applying restoration of status as worker. My permanent residence is in process under OINP . I mistakenly applied for open bridging work permit. Which was refused since I needed na employer specific one . Now I cannot figure out how to apply for my restoration of status and my work permit.

monteirotan

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
Hi! I've received the NOI on Feb 22, and I'm working on creating my OINP profile. I have a Bachelor's degree (four years) and Postgraduate Diploma (one year).

In my OINP profile, what should I select for 'What is your highest level of education for which you received an educational credential?'. When I select 'Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees', I'm getting an error stating 'To qualify under the Human Capital Priorities Stream, you must have a Canadian Bachelor's degree or higher, or its equivalent.'

The other options are as follows:
  • Secondary school (high school)
  • One-year post-secondary program
  • Two-year post-secondary program
  • Three-year post-secondary program
  • Bachelor's degree
  • Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees
  • Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession
  • University degree at the Master's level
  • University degree at the Doctoral (PhD) level
  • Other
Thanks in advance!
Can someone please help here?

weetee

Feb 10, 2022
One Question on OINP, I got an NOI and submitted my OINP application a few days back, The status column shows as submitted but there is a column that says EOI score and it shows as 0.
Was this something I needed to update? or is this something that gets auto calculated like a crs score?

weetee

Feb 10, 2022
One Question on OINP, I got an NOI and submitted my OINP application a few days back, The status column shows as submitted but there is a column that says EOI score and it shows as 0.
Was this something I needed to update? or is this something that gets auto calculated like a crs score?
Got an answer from another forum, In case anyone else was wondering...apparently, this is how it will be and it does not matter, there is no action required from our end.

Jaishree

Apr 16, 2021
Hi,
I have a query. I am in the process of filing an application on OINP portal and I have a few questions around education and work ex.

1. In Education section, Level of Education doesn't have a specific option for Diploma in their drop down. My ECA summary has two degrees on it - Diploma (2 years) and Bachelor's degree (4 years). While adding both these degrees on the portal, I am able to select Bachelor's degree in the first set of information but for Diploma there is no option. So either I will have to select 'Two or more degrees' for both the degrees or will have to choose 'other' for Diploma. Please suggest.

2. Work Ex - One of my previous employer's brand name changed from IGATE to CAPGEMINI long ago but all the previous documents I have are in the name of IGATE. What do I do in this case?

3. Work Ex - I don't have first month payslips for one of my previous employments - would bank statement and income tax documents and a salary certificate from the employer be enough to prove my compensation?

I'd appreciate it if somebody could help me with the above queries. Thanks!

weetee

Feb 10, 2022
Hi,
I have a query. I am in the process of filing an application on OINP portal and I have a few questions around education and work ex.

1. In Education section, Level of Education doesn't have a specific option for Diploma in their drop down. My ECA summary has two degrees on it - Diploma (2 years) and Bachelor's degree (4 years). While adding both these degrees on the portal, I am able to select Bachelor's degree in the first set of information but for Diploma there is no option. So either I will have to select 'Two or more degrees' for both the degrees or will have to choose 'other' for Diploma. Please suggest.

2. Work Ex - One of my previous employer's brand name changed from IGATE to CAPGEMINI long ago but all the previous documents I have are in the name of IGATE. What do I do in this case?

3. Work Ex - I don't have first month payslips for one of my previous employments - would bank statement and income tax documents and a salary certificate from the employer be enough to prove my compensation?

I'd appreciate it if somebody could help me with the above queries. Thanks!
For point 1. I too have a PG diploma, so I elected 2 or more certificates and entered the details of my diploma

For point 2. U can submit whatever docs u have with IGATE and then add a letter of explanation in the end and state why some of your docs are with IGATE and some with CAPGEMINI.. there may be some official public documentation regarding this right? add that as well in your letter of explanation

For point 3: As you said, I think the bank statements/payment advice with salary statements/certificate should suffice. Highlight the statement that says this is the salary for that particular month. Add the income tax doc also and highlight whatever is required. To be safer you can mention this as well in your letter of explanation and state that you have attached all of these documents as proof of your salary.

Jaishree

Apr 16, 2021
For point 1. I too have a PG diploma, so I elected 2 or more certificates and entered the details of my diploma

For point 2. U can submit whatever docs u have with IGATE and then add a letter of explanation in the end and state why some of your docs are with IGATE and some with CAPGEMINI.. there may be some official public documentation regarding this right? add that as well in your letter of explanation

For point 3: As you said, I think the bank statements/payment advice with salary statements/certificate should suffice. Highlight the statement that says this is the salary for that particular month. Add the income tax doc also and highlight whatever is required. To be safer you can mention this as well in your letter of explanation and state that you have attached all of these documents as proof of your salary.
Thank you so much for the detailed response. I have some follow up questions please.

For point 1, I have done my diploma before my bachelors though. Do you mean I should elect 'Bachelor's degree' for Bachelor's and 'two or more certificates' for Diploma or it should be 'two or more certificates' for both the degrees ?
On a separate note, there are two places in the form for 'Level of Education' - one in general and the other for ECA - both of them should match right?

For point 2, Yes I could find a press release document on Capgemini's official website about the merger and rebranding - would that be enough? There are some media websites too having these headlines, shall I also add links to relevant websites?

For point 3, I don't have salary statements, they just issued me a letter confirming my last drawn annual compensation terming it as salary certificate. Do you think that would work?

I'd really appreciate your help.