akimiy2

Star Member
Aug 18, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
08 Jan 2020
Hi all,

I have recently received EOI from Ontario PNP. When I am filling out my e-filling profile, I have a question that has been bothering me.
In the Education History session, it says "List all post-secondary education and/or apprenticeships. In addition, list any secondary education (i.e. high school) completed in Canada only. Start with your most recent education."
I have ECA from my master degree, however, I don't have ECA for my bachelor. Do I write down both my bachelor and master, or I just write down my master? Do I need to mention my bachelor at all, since the instruction is "list all post-secondary education".

Many thanks!!

akimiy2

Star Member
Aug 18, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
08 Jan 2020
Hi akimiy2, I have exactly the same question. What did you do in the end?
I added a credential (my bachelor) on WES. To speed up WES, I used "Document-by-Document evaluation", which takes 7 business days. Then I ordered duplicate report to IRCC, it will convert the report to ECA report and you can send it to OINP.

heisenberg88

Feb 14, 2020
I added a credential (my bachelor) on WES. To speed up WES, I used "Document-by-Document evaluation", which takes 7 business days. Then I ordered duplicate report to IRCC, it will convert the report to ECA report and you can send it to OINP.
Thank you very much for your reply! It's very helpful. I still have a few questions:
  1. Did you add your bachelor credential on the US website of WES? I got my ECA of master's degree on the Canada website of WES, and I can't find "Document-by-Document evaluation" when I tried to add a credential on this website.
  2. How to get the converted ECA report from IRCC and send it to OINP? Should I just choose both IRCC and Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program as recipients when I am filling out the bachelor's degree evaluation application? What else should I do?

akimiy2

Star Member
Aug 18, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
08 Jan 2020
Thank you very much for your reply! It's very helpful. I still have a few questions:
  1. Did you add your bachelor credential on the US website of WES? I got my ECA of master's degree on the Canada website of WES, and I can't find "Document-by-Document evaluation" when I tried to add a credential on this website.
  2. How to get the converted ECA report from IRCC and send it to OINP? Should I just choose both IRCC and Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program as recipients when I am filling out the bachelor's degree evaluation application? What else should I do?
You can upgrade your report to "document-by-document", and fill out both your bachelor and master degree, when WES process it, they will give you a new report which have both of your degree. But once you upgrade your report and paid, the old report will expire, they will give you a new ECA number, and you can't order duplicate copy for your old report. So I suggest you to send a duplicate copy of your old report to OINP before upgrade it, in case of delay. and it would be the best if you can wait till the upgrade is finished to submit your OINP application, so you can fill in the new ECA number in your OINP application. Otherwise, you'll need to contact OINP to update your ECA number, which will cause delay.
When you get your new doc-by-doc evaluation, you'll see a button "send duplicate copy to IRCC", where you can choose to send it to OINP. When you do that, they will automatically generate an ECA report and send it to IRCC and OINP.
https://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations-and-fees/employment-applications/
Doc-by-doc is for employment purpose but it takes shorter time to process, and you can easily convert it to ECA report within 1 day. But you should send your old master's ECA report to OINP before you try to upgrade it. Maybe OINP accepts the old report too.

Last edited:
Reactions: heisenberg88

heisenberg88

Feb 14, 2020
You can upgrade your report to "document-by-document", and fill out both your bachelor and master degree, when WES process it, they will give you a new report which have both of your degree. But once you upgrade your report and paid, the old report will expire, they will give you a new ECA number, and you can't order duplicate copy for your old report. So I suggest you to send a duplicate copy of your old report to OINP before upgrade it, in case of delay. and it would be the best if you can wait till the upgrade is finished to submit your OINP application, so you can fill in the new ECA number in your OINP application. Otherwise, you'll need to contact OINP to update your ECA number, which will cause delay.
When you get your new doc-by-doc evaluation, you'll see a button "send duplicate copy to IRCC", where you can choose to send it to OINP. When you do that, they will automatically generate an ECA report and send it to IRCC and OINP.
https://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations-and-fees/employment-applications/
Doc-by-doc is for employment purpose but it takes shorter time to process, and you can easily convert it to ECA report within 1 day. But you should send your old master's ECA report to OINP before you try to upgrade it. Maybe OINP accepts the old report too.
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

Saniya_P

Nov 21, 2021
I recieved NOI from Ontario and have to submit the application on the one key website. I have the below 2 questions related to education history:

1. It states list all post scondary education. I have added Bachelors and Masters degree in the education history. Should I add 12th/high school education as well?

2. My transcripts and certificates for Bachelors degree has only the month and the year mentioned for start and end date of the course i.e. mmm/yyyy format. For the master's degree I have the start date in mmm/yyyy format and end date in dd/mm/yyyy format.
However, on the application form it asks for start and end date as per dd/mm/yyyy format. What should I do. as I do not have the exact date, I have only the month and year for bachelors degree and for the start date of masters degree. I have done ECA for my masters.

Please help.