+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP & Earning history in Canada without NOA

vfx39

Dec 1, 2023
Hi all, I need your help o_O

One of the criteria for getting +3 points in OINP/FWS is to have earning history in Canada.

I worked for all of 2023 year and practically have earning history, but the program requires NOA to prove it (which I'll get only after filling in the taxes, but for that time they may make a draw).

Can I say that I made >$40k without NOA, but just with paystabs+job offer?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
We are still in January. You can submit the paystubs and letter of employment/job offer, PLUS an explanation saying you have not received the T4 or other documents for filing. That's an explanation but no one can be sure if that's a good enough reason, some would say wait until you file. Well if you have a time constraint as to why you can not wait until February or March say so in the explanation. That may bolster your argument. Other than that the reviewing agent makes the decision.

Reactions: vfx39

vfx39

Dec 1, 2023
We are still in January. You can submit the paystubs and letter of employment/job offer, PLUS an explanation saying you have not received the T4 or other documents for filing. That's an explanation but no one can be sure if that's a good enough reason, some would say wait until you file. Well if you have a time constraint as to why you can not wait until February or March say so in the explanation. That may bolster your argument. Other than that the reviewing agent makes the decision.
Thank you for the answer, yes, that's the tricky game. Not sure if the agent will be satisfied with my "because I want more points" explanation...
I'm still thinking about explanation like "I haven't received NOA from CRA for 2023 yet, but considering consistent paystabs and all financial data available for 2023, practically I'm made >40k in 2023 to qualify for +3 points by earning history."

Hope there will be no general draw before tax period lol